The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2011, 09:37 AM

planettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud of
Default Re: A few ATTRACTORS...

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuramille View Post
Very nice attractor patterns. Any issues with the bead size and hook gap...looks to be near the limit on a couple.
Not really, the scud hooks are offset and the Daiichi 1560 and TMC 3761 are 1x long...thanks for bringing that up...I try to be aware of whether or not I am diminishing the hooking capability of the hook I use - by the bead size I employ...

PT/TB

http://planettrout.wordpress.com/
Old 01-15-2011, 03:59 PM

flytyer56 is on a distinguished road

That Purple Flash Bang and the Prismatic Winged Weevil look look like they could work on GL steelhead too. Nice ties all of them.
Then You're The One!!!!!
Old 01-15-2011, 10:27 PM

darwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the rough

well done, very nice
Old 01-27-2011, 09:55 PM

planettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud of

One more, using twisted zelon and midge flash for the abdomen...foam/flash wing case and rubber legs...

Click the image to open in full size.

SERENDer # 14

PT/TB

Old 01-28-2011, 01:26 AM

ChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud of

Very nice I like the segmented abdomin it will be killer

Chris

The New Zealand Flysite

"the fight is for habitait. Once its continuation is assured the fish will largely look after themselves." KD
Old 01-28-2011, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisinselwynNZ View Post
Very nice I like the segmented abdomin it will be killer

Chris
The above pattern came about as a result of this VERY successful pattern, from Craig Matthews, that I use in the Spring and Fall on the Owens River here in CA:

GUIDE SERENDIPITY

HOOK: TMC 5262 #14-#18, TMC 3761 #14- # 20, Daiichi 1560 #14-# 18

THREAD: Gordon Griffith 14/0 sheer, Black

BODY: 1/3 Strand Chartreuse Zelon or 1/2 strand spooled Antron, twisted

WING: White Zelon

NOTE* Sometimes I will mix in a strand of Pearl Krystal Flash or Olive Krystal Flash twisted into the Antron or Zelon...

I will use this pattern (SERENDer) in March and April as a dropper under the standard March Brown soft hackle...those guys are clingers, so the nymphs are most readily available just as emergence begins. In colder water, they emerge from the nymphal form at the bottom of the water column...as the water warms, they emerge higher up...weight accordingly and find da' sweet spot.I believe the segmentation effect is a definite trigger...

That Guide Serendipity is a real killer during the "Mother's Day Hatch"...

Kerplunk...Owens River, CA...

PT/TB

Old 01-29-2011, 03:49 PM

kelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to behold

Wow, those are some colorful nymphs alright, you weren't kidding about ATTRACTORS!! Great job.