The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2009, 01:13 PM

tob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to behold
Default Interactive tying ?

How should I finish this fly (dry or wet)?
Click the image to open in full size.
Trygve
Old 05-09-2009, 01:45 PM

eaglesfn68 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Interactive tying ?

well it basically looks like a prince nymph except for peacock herl. If i were you i would leave it alone and make it a nymph pattern or take of the hackle fibers you have on there and tie it small to make it a midge. i really think that would be a great midge patter.
Old 05-09-2009, 03:31 PM

dorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nice

Bump it up to a larger size, add antenae and tails and call it a stonefly nymph.
Old 05-09-2009, 03:41 PM

Steelhead Junkie will become famous soon enough

Deffinatly make it a nymph.Try a black wingcase with a Peacock herl thorax. Very nice!!! Also, you could use mottled Turkey as the wingcase and black Ostrich herl for the thorax.
Old 05-09-2009, 03:49 PM

tob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to behold

Thank you for the reply

I made the fly this way with a soft hackle and sealfur.

Click the image to open in full size.

Trygve
Old 05-09-2009, 03:54 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Trygve: Very nice work indeed. To me, like Dorian suggested it could easily pass for a stonefly nymph. At any rate, it sure looks buggy and I bet the fish will like it.

Larry
Old 05-27-2009, 12:48 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

TOB, another great looking fly, excellent work my friend.

mark