The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2011, 09:12 PM

Flityer has a spectacular aura aboutFlityer has a spectacular aura aboutFlityer has a spectacular aura about
Default Peacock Winged Wet

Was looking over my fly collection and liked the looks of a wet fly Ted Patlin traded me for some of mine . So I set down to the vise and whipped a few of them up. It is a peacock winged wet this one tied on a mustad 3906B size 6 with a some what longish wing , can't wait to give it a go maybe take one to a brookie stream and let them beat up on it a bit.

Click the image to open in full size.

Allen Landheer
Fly fishing is not for everyone..
-Fly fishing since 1971-
Old 01-18-2011, 10:37 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Peacock Winged Wet

Very nice wets Allen,

I use very similar flies for trout and char here and when in Pennsylvania the March brown / Hares Ear wets were always good for tugs. Nice little layout for the picture too..........

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 01-18-2011, 11:09 PM

Flityer has a spectacular aura aboutFlityer has a spectacular aura aboutFlityer has a spectacular aura about

Thank you Ard ! Love to swing wets when there is nothing going on on top of course and I'm with you on the march brown and hares ear , they are a good bet when nothing is happening .
Do you fish Pa. a lot and where do you fish when you come down? I live on the Brodheads where I cut my teeth fly fishing over 30 years ago.

Allen Landheer
-Fly fishing since 1971-
Old 01-18-2011, 11:21 PM

ChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud of

Nice tying AllenThey look like they will be killer
Ill have to have a go at them myslef

Chris

The New Zealand Flysite

"the fight is for habitait. Once its continuation is assured the fish will largely look after themselves." KD
Old 01-19-2011, 12:56 PM

Thank you Chris! If you tye some up and fish them let us know how you did with them.

Allen Landheer
-Fly fishing since 1971-
Old 01-19-2011, 12:59 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Allen,

Short on time right now but will PM when I come home about Pennsylvania fishing. It's been seven years since I have had the pleasure to fish in my old haunts.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 01-19-2011, 01:48 PM

futuramille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud of

Nice wet flies Allen! Did you use one or multiple strands of gold tensil for the ribbing?
Old 01-19-2011, 04:37 PM

wovenstonefly has a spectacular aura aboutwovenstonefly has a spectacular aura about

Those are sweet
Old 01-19-2011, 06:31 PM

Thank you Wovenstonefly and futuramille !
On these I tried a couple of different tinsels the wide one is lagartun embossed gold and the ones to the right are done with gold medium oval french tinsel.

Allen Landheer
-Fly fishing since 1971-
Old 01-20-2011, 09:46 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

Very sharp!

With "peacock winged", I thought maybe it was going to be more like one I tie with peacock sword for the wing and tail.

Click the image to open in full size.

(real camera > blackberry)

The hackle's guinea there, but I also tie them smaller and use partridge.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.