The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2011, 02:28 AM

ChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud of
Default Re: Dan's Crayfish

Thanks for sharing Dan, your cray looks awesome, and a great step by step
I had done a similar thing with the lead wire, on the first trys but they are in some trees on the L2

Chris

The New Zealand Flysite

"the fight is for habitait. Once its continuation is assured the fish will largely look after themselves." KD
Old 01-24-2011, 07:58 PM

ant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to behold

And it's as simple as that, huh? Very nice looking!
FlyFishinado - My Fly Fishing Blog
Old 03-31-2012, 06:26 PM

fire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to behold

Chasing smallmouths with crawfish plugs has long been a favorite pasttime of mine. Since taking-up fly fishng, I've been looking for a crawfish fly pattern that was within my novice tying skills, but could give the Rebel Wee Crayfish plug a run for it's money. I think that I've found it!

Thank's for the great pattern, and detailed SBS, Dan!!!

"A leader with great passion and few skills always outperforms a leader with great skills and little passion." Chief Rick Lasky
Old 04-02-2012, 04:33 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent Dan!
Old 04-02-2012, 04:52 PM

popperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to all
Send a message via Skype™ to popperfly

Nice looking! Dan and you did a great job with the step-by-step.

Born to Fish...Forced to Work !
Old 04-02-2012, 06:36 PM

fire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to behold

Searched on-line for the Chinese Olive Saddle over the weekend, found one, and placed the order. Today they emailed me that it's back ordered for at least a week.....

"A leader with great passion and few skills always outperforms a leader with great skills and little passion." Chief Rick Lasky
Old 04-27-2012, 08:52 PM

Well, the Chinese Soft Hackle in olive finally arrived today, and just in time! I'm almost done with my hoppers for the terrestrial swap #2, and I've got at least four hotel nights next week! Hopefully, by the end of the week, I'll have a decent number of respectable looking "Dan's Crayfish" in my flybox!

Old 06-20-2012, 08:14 AM

fishingfly will become famous soon enough

I see a pack of new hooks in my future, great looking pattern. I've only tried a crayfish once... it wasn't good enough to try again. Nice writeup

Make sure to like our facebook page for a chance to win free flies!
Old 06-20-2012, 08:25 AM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

Hi Dan.
A great Pattern,thanks for The Instructions.
Brian.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:51 PM

brucerducer will become famous soon enoughbrucerducer will become famous soon enough

Dan:

I tried tying something similar once, but my amateurish efforts were not quite as keen as yours.

This is a very innovative pattern, and I will start working on it soon. Thanks bunches Dan.

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

Dan:

I tried tying something similar once, but my amateurish efforts were not quite as keen as yours.

This is a very innovative pattern, and I will start working on it soon. Thanks bunches Dan.