The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2011, 08:49 PM

kelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to behold
Default a couple of Killer Style patterns

Hammil's Killer

Click the image to open in full size.

Mrs. Simpson

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:00 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: a couple of Killer Style patterns

Nice work there Kelly I like the layered pheasant on the Simpson.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 01-25-2011, 09:01 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Nice work there Kelly I like the layered pheasant on the Simpson.

Ard
Yes, that layered look is awesome!

Larry

Old 01-26-2011, 12:54 AM

kelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to behold

Thanks guys, I am glad you liked them. I am going to be doing more in this style.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:02 PM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute

Most excellent. Thanks for sharing.

Kelly.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:24 PM

ChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud of

Great job Kelly, the hammils killer is very well tied (in the manner it should be) most people wrongly beleve that the golden pheasant is not required and the body colour dosnt matter

The mrs simpson is very well tied, I have never seen the feathers of half and half colour before they look cool there are many ways to tie a mrs simpson try one in an egg shape

both of these flies have been very popular for a long time (the mrs simpson for over 100 years),

I look foward too seeing more

Chris

The New Zealand Flysite

"the fight is for habitait. Once its continuation is assured the fish will largely look after themselves." KD
Old 01-26-2011, 08:03 PM

Thank you Chris, I am honored at your opinion on this. I tried using grouse feathers today, and they were awfully see through. So I tied 6 pairs of feathers on the fly, and for good measure I added one more feather on each side in the collar. It was a bugger to tie. I got some Woodcock in from Ebay today, so I will use that after it has had proper freezer time. (just a small sandwich bag of Woodcock, but it will do for what I need) I hope to have some more flies done in the next few days.
Kelly
Old 01-27-2011, 01:33 AM

ChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud of

Sometimes seethroughish is good (like the orange witch with one feather each side of chukkar flank), the wood cock feathers will be good for a lords killer (it takes 16-20 feathers) but they are hard to work with I have found the flatter the feather the harder to use it will be

Chris

The New Zealand Flysite

"the fight is for habitait. Once its continuation is assured the fish will largely look after themselves." KD
Old 01-27-2011, 09:59 AM

Wow thanks for that info. I didn't realize it took that many feathers. I have a small baggy size full. That might make 3 flies. Oh well, thanks for letting me know this info. I will be making some more today.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:33 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Great flies Kelly...the Mrs Simpson is outstanding.
didn't know she was so old