The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2011, 05:03 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can you guess where I'm headed?

Nice choice, Big_e!

Sounds like you're in for some good times shopping for the right gear. Check out Sage's Xi-3 and Scott's S4S; 8 or 9 wts.; depending on the size of the bones you'll be going after on Oahu.

Pocono
Old 02-01-2011, 02:06 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_e View Post
You guessed it. Oahu to be exact.

Looking forward to some sun and the tug of a bone or two.

Just gotta get a something to cast these with now.
I win????? What do I get? I used to live on Oahu. I caught my first Bonefish on the end of Ford Island in Pearl Harbor at the end of the Sea Plane ramp. I caught my first Tarpon, not the Florida version, there also. I also caught my first shark there too. A Black Tip Reef Shark about 3' long. They do bad things to tackle.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:29 PM

Ian Mann 4 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
I win????? What do I get? I used to live on Oahu. I caught my first Bonefish on the end of Ford Island in Pearl Harbor at the end of the Sea Plane ramp. I caught my first Tarpon, not the Florida version, there also. I also caught my first shark there too. A Black Tip Reef Shark about 3' long. They do bad things to tackle.
You win....KUDOS!

I'll be headed to Ford Is as well...
Old 02-01-2011, 09:45 PM
Banned

Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_e View Post
You win....KUDOS!

I'll be headed to Ford Is as well...
Are you in the Navy?
Old 02-01-2011, 09:53 PM

Ian Mann 4 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
Are you in the Navy?
Retired AF but now am a GS who works for the navy.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:30 PM
Banned

I was a Submariner on a Fleet Ballistic Missle Submarine when I fished there. The Utah Memorial pier is a good spot to fish for small Hammer Heads. The Sea Plane ramp is good for Bones, Pacific Tarpon, Baracuda, Jack Crevelle and the occasional odd species. I got a Goat Fish there once that was Bright yellow, turquois and pink. It was a fun place to fish. Well, I gotta run. I'm applying at the psycic hotline.