The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Southeast U.S.

Southeast U.S. Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2011, 07:01 PM

stimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud of
Default Return home GSMNP 20yrs(pic heavy)

It's been 20yrs since i fished at my great grandpa's old home place .He was the last one to sell the federal gov. Now the place is full of people looking at the elk they put in o well the fishing is still good.This is how we got away from the people ,this is me in front of his old house.
Click the image to open in full size.
He was hungry.
Mountain ivy in bloom.
and some bigger fish
Old 05-29-2011, 08:15 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Return home GSMNP 20yrs(pic heavy)

Thanks for sharing, that looks like a great place to get away and enjoy the outdoors and do a little fishing!

Larry

Old 05-30-2011, 08:52 AM

Liphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud of

Must have brought back some fond memories Beautiful Old Southern Style House as the saying goes "if it could only Talk" as there is something about such Houses of that era.
A Beautiful Stream with a nice population of Brookies,Rainbows& Browns, which also would have some history.
Brian
Old 05-31-2011, 05:56 AM

possessed is just really nicepossessed is just really nicepossessed is just really nicepossessed is just really nicepossessed is just really nice

Very nice. I have made a few backpacking trips there, I love that place.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:30 AM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of

Wow. Beautiful place and nice fish. I am always amazed at the lush greenery of the Southeast. That house is a gem.

Yat's Blog: http://pleinaircolorado.blogspot.com/
Old 05-31-2011, 07:33 AM

stimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud of

Thanks all i live within a 40min drive and a half day on horse the fishing is still good but there is so many people ,just to crowed for me except back where we rode to fish .
Old 05-31-2011, 08:23 AM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of

Man, I understand your disdain for the crowds. I fished the Taylor River last Thursday and Friday and it was mobbed. Definitely, detracts from the enjoyment of the experience.

Yat's Blog: http://pleinaircolorado.blogspot.com/
Old 07-04-2011, 10:52 PM

rbreedi1 is on a distinguished road

very cool, thanks for sharing! I love those brookies.