The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Southeast U.S.

Southeast U.S. Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2006, 10:05 AM

FishingNBama will become famous soon enoughFishingNBama will become famous soon enough
Question The Noontootla

I will be up in north Ga soon and a friend dropped the name Noontootla Crrek on me. Can anyone give me any info on the Creek? I understand it is pretty much a catch and release , which is fine by me. Others have told me there is a large abundance of suckers. I dont get out much lately and would love to spend a great day on the Noontootla, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
FishingNBama
Old 09-13-2006, 01:11 PM
Prospecting for Trout

Piscator will become famous soon enoughPiscator will become famous soon enough
Default Re: The Noontootla

OK, I always hate to see an unanswered post so this is what I came up with.

Borrowed this post from another forum:
Your best bet is gonna be to drive over to the Blue Ridge WMA and fish the Noontootla Creek water shed.But be sure to read the regs. cause its single hook/artifical only along with other regs but If you like to fish skinny water you`ll love exploring that area. Sorry but there just ain`t alot of good trout fishin in Lumpkin county.

Noontootla Creek Farms is awesome!! In one day of fishing (the only time I've been), I caught around ten fish that were all over 19". And two of those were over 24". These aren't fat, ugly, or stupid fish, either.

Okay, go to Noontootla Creek Farms in Blue Ridge, GA where almost all of their fish are stream bred but receive supplemental feeding. The fish are super-spooky and fight like crazy.......if they are hooked.

A few pellets in the belly of a stream-born fish a few times a week doesn't turn it into a non-fish, or make going after it "not real fishing." In fact, it just takes that already smart, strong and sleek fish and makes it stronger and more energetic.

An Article found with it mentioned:
http://gon.com/article.php?id=100&cid=124

The forum that I borrowed the post from:
http://www.southeastflyfishingforum.com/forum/index.php

Hope this helps.
Thanks,
Terry