The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Southeast U.S.

Southeast U.S. Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2011, 04:12 PM

possessed is just really nicepossessed is just really nicepossessed is just really nicepossessed is just really nicepossessed is just really nice
Default Looking for a GSMNP Backpacking partner

I'm looking to do a backpacking trip in GSMNP starting Saturday 6/25, staying 2-3 nights, Pretty Hollow #39, Cataloochee area.

I was wondering if anyone else might be going at the same time, I do not want to go alone.

I'm not a bad guy and I'm a decent fly flinger. The fishing there is pretty decent if you hike a bit. There is a fairly heavy bear population in that area.

Please have your own gear.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:11 PM

stimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Looking for a GSMNP Backpacking partner

My thread about going home those pics were takin there where the creek forks and Indian Creek goes left and Pretty Hollow goes on up to the Turkey George Place. The fishing is good if there's not many people we just done a day trip to close to home but have stay there and had a ball. I might be at Deep Creek that weekend. hope you have a good trip.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:56 PM

possessed is just really nicepossessed is just really nicepossessed is just really nicepossessed is just really nicepossessed is just really nice

I like it up there. I did 2 solo trips at #39 last year. It was a little creepy at night all alone, so I am hoping to find some company, other than bears.
Old 06-09-2011, 02:02 PM

stimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud of

You were lucky to be alone there was 4 or 5 backpackers there when we rode up there that day
Old 06-14-2011, 05:13 PM

bow addict has a spectacular aura aboutbow addict has a spectacular aura about

I'm headed down to NW SC in three weeks, after that I'd love to do a little backpacking in there. I'll be there for the next 3.5 years. If you'd like a backpacking partner later, I might be interested.
Old 06-16-2011, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bow addict View Post
I'm headed down to NW SC in three weeks, after that I'd love to do a little backpacking in there. I'll be there for the next 3.5 years. If you'd like a backpacking partner later, I might be interested.
Let me know when you are ready. I usually do 4-5 trips to the GSMNP each year.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:53 PM

yetavon is on a distinguished road

Add me to both your contact lists if you dont mind. Just getting back into backpacking and hope to hit the wilson creek back waters and spend a few days exploring in the next few weeks.
Darrin