The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Southeast U.S.

Southeast U.S. Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2011, 12:45 PM

justlaxin20 is on a distinguished road
Default Mars Hill NC fishing

Hey guys,
Im going into my freshman year at Mars Hill College. I love to fly fish I go all the time up in MD and take trips to Lake Placid every year to fish. I heard the rivers around Mars Hill are great fishing. Any recommended spots, flies, shops, ect. would be great! Even a fishing buddy would be nice.
-Marshall
Old 07-08-2011, 01:10 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Mars Hill NC fishing

Hi Marshall,

I'm a long way from you and am not familiar with Mars Hill (surprising) I've never been there let alone fished there, somehow I missed that one I will say welcome to the forum and I hope we have some members down your way who will lend a hand. For the fly shops in the area I would just use the computer to search for the nearest to you. Other than that I'm fresh out of advice. I hope you can find items of interest here and that you'll continue to be a poster.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 07-08-2011, 02:06 PM

stimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Mars Hill NC fishing

Welcome to the forum. There are some good spots in Madison co. to fly fish and you can be all over Western NC and East Tenn. with in an hour and a half and some great tailwater fishing to.. good luck

---------- Post added at 01:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

for fly shop go to Hunter Banks in Asheville Shane is a good guy tell him Shannon sent you.