The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Southeast U.S.

Southeast U.S. Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2012, 09:10 AM

axle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud of
Default Guide in Sarasota/Tampa area

Anyone have any experience with Capt. Nick Angelo in the Sarasota/Tampa area?
Old 01-20-2012, 10:09 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of
Default Re: Guide in Sarasota/Tampa area

Axle, I don't have any experience with the guide you speak of, but I can speak very highly of Rick Grassett, a fly fishing guide in the area. I know that Ed Hurst is another fly fishing guide based out of Sarasota but I have never met him. As far as the Tampa area, I don't know it quite as well. Sorry I can't be of more help!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 01-20-2012, 10:19 AM

axle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud of

Thanx, gator. I really don't have a preference, but my boss is leaning toward this guy because he's read alot of this guy's articles in a local rag. We're starting to put some dates together for fishing and wanted to start looking into guides and everything else will fall into place...hopefully.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:34 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Do you know what time of year? I talked to Rick in early December and he was already booked for the majority of tarpon season. However, if it's outside of tarpon season you may be a bit better off!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 01-20-2012, 10:59 AM

Although this is preliminary, it would be May or June. Prime time for Tarpon.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:04 AM

Alright, my luck is with you for getting an open day with the guide! If you're having trouble, I should be down there around that time as well, and while I am HARDLY a guide, I will likely have boat access in the Sarasota area.

Old 01-20-2012, 12:11 PM

gator, thanx alot. I'll keep that in my hip pocket. I can only make recommendations as my boss is paying for this...but I will advise him....
Old 01-27-2012, 07:01 AM

Capt Chris M is on a distinguished road

I second the suggestion of Rick Grassett. Top notch guide in that area.