The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Southeast U.S.

Southeast U.S. Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2012, 05:52 PM

mjman67 is on a distinguished road
Default Key West Guide?

Hello all! My fishing buddy and I are headed to the Florida Keys in mid-May and have convinced the wives to allow us a day of fly fishing while we are down there! Whoo hoo!

That said, we are river/lake guys from Idaho so we don't have the first clue on fishing in that neck of the woods, so to maximize our time, we want to hire a guide.

Not being from the area and not knowing anyone there, I'm looking for a recommendation or two, as to who we should look to hire!

Your help is much appreciated in advance and if you have any questions about fishing in Idaho, I'm happy to answer!

Mitch
Old 02-21-2012, 06:02 PM

bigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Key West Guide?

Contact the folks at the Saltwater Angler in Key West, I'm sure they can help you!

info@saltwaterangler.com
saltwaterangler.com

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!
Old 02-21-2012, 07:17 PM

bradyb will become famous soon enoughbradyb will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Key West Guide?

Tim Carlyle is a no nonsense veteran out of Sugarloag Key, about 20 minutes north of key west. He knows the back country like the back of his hand and I would put money of him putting you on fish. Casting to them and catching is another story. Book now because that time of year will be busy.

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

I may have spelled his name wrong. It might be Carlile or something. Google it both ways, I know he's got info out there.

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

here you go

Sugarloaf Key flats fishing : tarpon fishing, bonefish, permit fishing : Capt. Tim Carlile