The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Southeast U.S.

Southeast U.S. Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2010, 09:38 PM

Location: Bozeman, MT and Sheridan, WY but now Houston, Texas
MTskibum has a spectacular aura aboutMTskibum has a spectacular aura about
Default Heading to myrtle beach for 7 days of fishing

I am going to be staying a few houses south of myrtle beach state park during the second week of august.

Most of the days i am going to just fish an hour or two in the morning and an hour or two in the evening. However one of the days we are renting a 25 hp boat to fish and crab at murrel's inlet. Another of the days we are going to rent canoes and fish a local blackwater river for large mouth bass. We do not have the river picked out, however from all of the information that i have read the LMB rivers around myrtle beach are only lightly fished. We will most likely just choose a river and access close to where we are staying.

If anyone has any links to good myrtle beach fishing reports pages please send me a link.

SCDNR News Release

Is the best one i have found so far.
Old 07-24-2010, 04:04 PM

Default Re: Heading to myrtle beach for 7 days of fishing

There doesnt seem to be anyone from south carolina on this site, but i found alot of usefull info over at

PierandSurf.com
Old 08-03-2010, 10:25 AM

flyguy5 is on a distinguished road

hunting beach state park off the jettys .youll probly see 5 or 6 guys flying every day .
Old 08-03-2010, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy5 View Post
hunting beach state park off the jettys .youll probly see 5 or 6 guys flying every day .
Thanks for the advice, i already planned to do the hike at least one morning. I figure the 1.5 mile walk over sand will scare some people away, and somewhat reduce fishing pressure.
Old 08-04-2010, 06:09 AM

fishtacos will become famous soon enoughfishtacos will become famous soon enough

Let me know how it goes. I went to school in SC but never spent more than a night for a concernt in the dirty myrtle. I hear that the tip that's up in NC is pretty nice. Garden city or something to that effect?
Old 08-04-2010, 12:45 PM

flyguy5 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishtacos View Post
Let me know how it goes. I went to school in SC but never spent more than a night for a concernt in the dirty myrtle. I hear that the tip that's up in NC is pretty nice. Garden city or something to that effect?
the tip is in cherry grove sc .it were the marsh and ocean meet .its a good place to fish too and not to many people .if your looking to go guided and get on some big reds go here SC Coastal Saltwater Fishing Guide
Old 05-16-2011, 01:21 PM

groomez is on a distinguished road

I live in SC although I've never fished the coast. There are plenty of places near myrtle beach to fish, but your best bet would be stay near Murrels Inlet and south to Georgetown. There are plenty of inlet rivers to fish that aren't as crowded as Myrtle