The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Southeast U.S.

Southeast U.S. Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2012, 01:30 PM

stimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud of
Default Smokies again!!

i'm sure ya'll get tired of me posting about the smokies but saturday was beautiful and i just had to get out and go to our camp to do a little fishing.Well i got to fish with my dad this time and it was good for him to get out. Ann went and took all the pics and did not fish much but she does like to take pictures.
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size..
With the warm weather we decided to use dries and droppers my dad used a parachute adams and a hares ear nymph, i started with a orange stimulator and hares ear.Well the first pool was fish on i caught a speck .
Then dad hooked up with one.
Here are some more pictures of the stream and me and dad fishing.
We did get some big enough to limit us out and we kept those to eat with ramps, it was great we got several fish on both setups.I got home sunday to find my new Allen reel had come but Turkey season opens this weekend in Ga. so i will be on that for the next month or so and just fishing when i can cause turkeys are an obsession for us...
Old 03-19-2012, 02:42 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Smokies again!!

Shannon: Great fishing report and photos! Congrats on the beautiful fish. I just love the Smokies, that is one of my favorite areas to hike and fish in. I guess that is where I first got into fly fishing.

Old 03-19-2012, 04:13 PM

riverbilly is just really niceriverbilly is just really niceriverbilly is just really niceriverbilly is just really niceriverbilly is just really nice

I don't think I'd ever get tired of looking at beautiful pictures like that.
Thank you.

David
Old 03-19-2012, 09:14 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Shannon, great photos, and good luck with the gobblers, I took a 25#er in Florida two years back, his spurs hang from my rearview. However, hunting has really gone on the backburner due to fly fishing... hahaha.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 03-25-2012, 03:24 AM

thetrouttickler is on a distinguished road

Great photos and report. I look forward to visiting the Smokies for the first time later this year.