The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Southeast U.S.

Southeast U.S. Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2012, 03:19 PM

bradleycmetz is on a distinguished road
Default North Georgia- fishing tips needed!

I am taking a relaxing solo trip to Blue Ridge, where I plan to do a few days of fishin! I am unfamiliar with the waters around there, although I love to bass fish with my fly rod on the lakes around Central Florida. I will have a fly rod as well as a baitcaster. My question all of you locals: Where can I travel
(50 miles max from downtown Blue Ridge) to have a nice fishing experience? I will be able to wade, and am targeting either walleye, trout, or bass. Gear as well as locations are much appreciated! I am also less familiar with streams, so any techniques to fishing those waters are much appreciated! I look forward to being a part of this wonderful forum!
Old 05-19-2012, 08:29 PM

zug buggin has a spectacular aura aboutzug buggin has a spectacular aura aboutzug buggin has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: North Georgia- fishing tips needed!

Lake Blue Ridge is only a couple of miles out of town, the Toccoa River above the lake might be getting a little warm, The Toccoa tailrace below Blue Ridge is full of trout but accessibility is a problem and wading is limited. In downtown Blue Ridge is Blue Ridge Fly Shop which is one of the best fly shops in the state go in there, they will point you in the right direction

490 East Main Street
Blue Ridge, GA 30513
ph: (706)258-4080
info@blueridgeflyfishing.com