The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Southeast U.S.

Southeast U.S. Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2012, 07:56 PM

andydietz is on a distinguished road
Default Re: prince nymph

I've had more luck with the bead headed flies than any others in a wide variety of conditions. It's weird how they won't bite on something that is supposed to imitate an insect that is hatching at a given time, but they will bite on one of these.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:26 PM

Mnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really nice

the BH PN is one of my go to flies, i usually use a indicator with it. I havnt really tried the dropper rigs yet.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:30 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by andydietz View Post
I've had more luck with the bead headed flies than any others in a wide variety of conditions. It's weird how they won't bite on something that is supposed to imitate an insect that is hatching at a given time, but they will bite on one of these.
Yup.

For Summer Run Steelhead fishing (here on the Rogue) I almost always use a two fly set up. Top one will be what-ever ... and the trailer will always be a PN. 95% of the time a bead head.

First one (weighted even off a dry line) is to get the leader/flies 'down,' keep them there, and get 'their attention.' The PN will be the one that hooks 90% of the fish.
milt spawn likes this.