The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Southeast U.S.

Southeast U.S. Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2012, 12:01 PM

eldermike is on a distinguished road
Default my stand and fish kayak

I started Kayak fishing a few years ago and eventually wanted to stand with more confidence so I started looking for the best systems out there. This one works for me. I can still have full paddle stroke and stand and fly cast with total confidence.

Just wondering if any of you warm water fly fishermen use a simular type setup?

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:12 PM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo
Default Re: my stand and fish kayak

Nice looking set up!!

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures
Old 04-16-2012, 12:28 PM

Thanks Davo, it's very effective.

Old 04-16-2012, 01:06 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hi Mike,

Davo, are you seeing a picture? All I have is a box with red X that says click to open in full size. When I click I have no image.

Mike, I don't know how you do your pictures but I wrote this instruction http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/fo...tml#post428183 to help some people who were having problems.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-16-2012, 01:20 PM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Davo, are you seeing a picture? All I have is a box with red X that says click to open in full size. When I click I have no image.
Ard

I got the same thing. Then I opened it in a new tab and the photo came up fine. I just right click the link with the mouse and select open in new tab or window.

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures
Old 04-16-2012, 01:44 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Tht's weird. I get the same box but all I had to do was click it and viola! Green kayak with starship Enterprise engines.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:55 PM

Hey Ard, I will follow those instructions in the future. What I did was post the link from my albums already on this site.

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
Tht's weird. I get the same box but all I had to do was click it and viola! Green kayak with starship Enterprise engines.
That's funny. Those pontoons are latched down, they have cables that pull them out of the water when you want to paddle.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:21 PM

iaflyguy will become famous soon enoughiaflyguy will become famous soon enough

I don't have a kayak, but Ive been thinking about a similar type of thing for my v bottom boat. Its small enough that you don't want a deck, but big enough to maybe get away with something like that.
This just gave me a few new ideas. Thanks!
Old 04-16-2012, 03:22 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

I followed Davo's advice and got the picture.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;