The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Southeast U.S.

Southeast U.S. Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2012, 11:15 AM

seanfly is on a distinguished road
Default guided trip

my girlfriend won a guided trip tor two in a contest for haywood county tourism. the Waynesville fly shop is sponsoring tis trip. i always wanted to do this but now i get to learn for free . all i want is to learn all the info i can get into my little head of mine. what would be the best stream to learn on when i go int june.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:05 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis
Default Re: guided trip

your best bet is to ask the guide company. If they guide multiple rivers, then they'll likely take you to the one with the most chance to catch fish on the day of your trip given the river and weather conditions on that day

Addicted To Vise
Old 05-04-2012, 01:32 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Sounds like an excellent opportunity! Be ready to soak up a lot of information, and hopefully catch some great fish as well! And like Eunan said, they will likely put you on the best water available to them that day, it benefits the guides to put the clients on good fish. And don't forget to tip

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 05-04-2012, 08:23 PM

fearnofishbob will become famous soon enoughfearnofishbob will become famous soon enough

You can call Gary Mann, owner of Waynesville Fly Shop @ 828-246-0306 and he will be more than happy to give you more info and probably a list of streams. Probably the "TucK" would be at the top of his list as a float tip or possibly the West Fork of the Piegon might be another which would be a wade trip ........

Give him a call !! ........Hope you enjoy it....... Bob
Old 05-04-2012, 08:38 PM

cattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to all

Be up front and honest with yourself and your guide. Be sure to explain what you expect to get out of your trip. Like A.J. said, guides benefit by teaching and putting clients onto fish. They will be there to help. Just be humble and patient and you'll learn more than you ever thought you could in one day.

It's not what I catch when I'm fishing, it's what I lose that matters to me...
----------------------------------------
Good decisions come from experience...Experience comes from bad decisions...
Old 05-07-2012, 01:38 PM

stimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud of

Take fearnofishbob advice and give Gary a call.He is a good guy and has been fishing West Prong alot lately.Just tell him what you do know about fly fishing and he will help you out..