The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Southeast U.S.

Southeast U.S. Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2012, 01:21 PM

stimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud of
Default Rhododendron Jungle

Tucked back in some of the coves of NC are some beautiful streams with trout and some that have trout that are just thick.Here is the first 100 yards or so when casting was possible.
Click the image to open in full size.
Then came the crawling, the bow and arrow casting, then climbing over logs under logs ans not getting out of the water because it is so thick that would be even worse.
Click the image to open in full size..
But through all the crawling the tangled lines there were no crowds and the fishing was wonderful.
It was a good day 3 miles from the nearest road and when we got home it was time for a ribeye on the grill.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:28 PM

cattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to all

Wow, what a jungle! To me those are some of the best streams because of the serenity. Thanks for sharing those pics.

It's not what I catch when I'm fishing, it's what I lose that matters to me...
----------------------------------------
Good decisions come from experience...Experience comes from bad decisions...
Old 05-29-2012, 01:39 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rhododendron Jungle

Very nice looking stream, due to the difficulty getting back in there you probably won't ever run into another angler. Congrats on the great looking trout!

Old 05-29-2012, 05:50 PM

possessed is just really nicepossessed is just really nicepossessed is just really nicepossessed is just really nicepossessed is just really nice

I like to call it combat fishing.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:37 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty Brookies! Worth the crawl for beauties like those . Nice pics.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 05-29-2012, 08:11 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

That's Mountain Laurel, the State Flower of Pennsylvania Pretty similar to what I grew up on, nice fish!

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 05-29-2012, 08:44 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

small stream bush wackin'
great stuff, thanks for sharing.

casey

ARFE
Old 05-29-2012, 08:48 PM

Mnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really nice

wow! nice stretch of water. Although i cant imagine crawling under any of that, or over either...lol.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:27 PM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future

The last few stream pics remind why I used to use the longest rod possible most times for that stuff. Dabbing was often in order.
A few years ago I built a 6', 5 weight simply for throwing big flies and junk in streams like those. The whimpy, gutless 0, 00 and 000 weight rods that were all the rage not too long ago just couldn't handle that action.
Go forth and hit those blue lines while your knee's are good and you are semi-invincible. I envy you!