The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Southeast U.S.

Southeast U.S. Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2012, 12:46 PM

streemaslinga is on a distinguished road
Default Intro -

Name is Jason Baker, live here in Carteret County, work on the "island". Member of cape lookout fly fishers (anyone else?).

Love to fly fish or at least try, saltwater is obviously the main target with my favorite species being specks. Seems like with work and all these days any day off and on the water is even more precious, but then when stuck at work I live through yalls stories and pics til I can get back out!

Just found this forum here and am really impressed - lots of cool stories and pics from across the country.

I fish a 8wt GLoomis NRX as my main rod and a little 4wt Redington when in ponds or creeks or when the targets run smaller.

Just figure I'd check in with the Southeast crews on this particular sub forum and say howdy,

J
Old 09-18-2012, 12:54 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Intro -

Hi Jason,

Welcome to the forum, you can include your location in your personal info displayed in the upper right corner of your posts. I say this because it will help members who may want to chat about local conditions with you. The info I'm talking about will show up like my own location does on this post.

We have lots of saltwater fishermen and women who are on the east coast. Right now with the rain we are getting and associated high water I wish I were there fishing Specs with you.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 09-18-2012, 01:47 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Jasontons of info...and great people here
Old 09-18-2012, 02:27 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum. Now here is my CSI attempt. Cape Cod?
Old 09-18-2012, 06:02 PM

ha ha1 Dan no CSI dice - though I guess the streem"a" sling"a" makes for a good solid northern accent huh? though it hurts my southern pride.

Got my location fixed - though the puter I am on has some sort of caps lock virus and the numbers dont work??

hardy it is getting good speck time down here and thoug i aint been the albies have shown up. will gas the boat friday for a hopeful albie assault. Will post pics if I do anything -

anyone in the area the bait balls are STACKED on the beach - fishing is going to be getting hotter and hotter.

J
Old 09-18-2012, 06:40 PM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future

Jason, howdy to you!
I saw your name and wondered if you're the same JB who helped us with Project Healing Waters in Salisbury?
Regardless, it's coming on albie time in your neck of the woods! You just let me know if you need some company out there! I'll buy the gas, beer and food!
Old 09-18-2012, 06:56 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Jason: Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to reading about your fishing adventures.

Old 09-18-2012, 07:14 PM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up Re: Intro -

Jason.
From a Foreigner in Australia Welcome to The Forum.
Brian
Old 09-18-2012, 09:13 PM

Jack, we will most definantly have to do that! but I am not that JB? healing waters has talked with the club though and is working on some things.

liphook there is no such thing as a foreigner to me! brother from another mother with a fly rod in his hand!

cheers all, really appreciate the welcome -

J
Old 09-18-2012, 09:32 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

welcome to the forum jason
looking forard to hearing about the hot fishing you have coming up

casey

ARFE