The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Southeast U.S.

Southeast U.S. Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2012, 02:58 PM

stimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud of
Default Off week

I took a vacation last week to my buddies hunuting club that has become a yearly thing now for the past 3yrs to do a little bow hunting it was relaxing to be off a week.Here's a view from one of my stands.
Click the image to open in full size.
That's as good as it got because it started to rain every hunt not to mention i missed a shot on a doe that i have made many times and the i missed another after that well on Tuesday we decided to pack it in with all the rain and we had hunted since Saturday, so i drove home in the pouring rain with nothing but decide to spend the rest of the week off fishing.Well Wednesday found blue skies here in WNC and some cooler temps. and i hit the water around 9 to find the water just a little high and clear and the first cast i got a small brown then cast 2 came with these results.
not a bad brown i got 17 to hand before i could not buy a strike and never did figure out what they wanted so i called it a day and got ready for a day fishing with my son on Thursday.Well at 10am the next morning we hit the water and i was casting when i noticed something hanging on my dropper so i tried to shake it off with no luck,thankfully it didn't come off as it turned out it was my rod tip.
It had just slipped off and some guys were there filling up a well drilling truck and had some tape, best i could do .Was not a good day but we did get 13 to hand.
Click the image to open in full size..
Well Friday i got out with the (GF) Ann to fish and we were on fish right off, this fat rainbow was 14.5".
Well we just standing in ankle deep water getting ready to make a cast when i heard a splash that sounded like a fat kid doing a cannonball off a diving board and Ann had fell and could not get up with waders running full laying on her back, well i got her up and all that was bruised was her a** and she did net my next fish.
Click the image to open in full size..
After that the fishing slowed down just like the past few days but we did get 14 to hand . Well guess it was not a bad week but i am used to killing a few deer and catching more fish but all in all it beats the hell out of work.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:40 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Off week

Shannon: Turned out to be a great week, congrats on all the great looking fish. Sorry about the rod tip! We could use some of that rain up here in Wyoming.......so far this summer all we have been getting is wildfires and the rivers are really low.

Larry