The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Southeast U.S.

Southeast U.S. Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2012, 04:22 PM

stimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud of
Default Not Much Luck...

Well yesterday i laid out of work to relieve some stress and fished with my son and Gf. I decided to just walk below the house and fish.Here is the house back in woods looking from the creek.
Click the image to open in full size.
It was early with temps in the 40's.
The fish were hitting fairly well not just beating anything out of the water and i just knew when the air would warm up and we would do real well.we caught 14 to hand with only one photo of fish, this nice brown took a size 16 Zebra midge.
The air warmed and a breeze kicked up and well the leaves began to fall heavily into the water.
Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.
Kinda slowed the fish down but they were still hitting, just that we were doubling up on the dropper and fly catching the leaves, so we called it a day.I'm glade i stayed out of work it was worth it.
Old 10-24-2012, 04:44 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Stimmy, I'm jealous that you have such water so close to home! I'd call out of work too!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 10-24-2012, 05:12 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Not Much Luck...

Shannon: Nice report and beautiful piece of water so close to the house......I'm jealous!

Larry

Old 10-24-2012, 08:27 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

That's some great fishing, close to home! I'm trying to connect a nice day with 14 fish and your title 'not much luck'...
Old 10-24-2012, 08:57 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Wow walk out the door and fish! I don't know if I'd ever go to work to enticing! Pretty fish and location! Glad you got some relief!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 10-24-2012, 09:16 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

beautiful stream you have there...hard to believe it is in your back yard
that looks like skinny water paradise.....

casey

ARFE
Old 10-24-2012, 09:40 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

Need a room mate?
Old 10-24-2012, 10:46 PM

thewalker1013 has a spectacular aura aboutthewalker1013 has a spectacular aura about

I really miss living on the Eagle in CO, I totally took it for granted... Wish someone would have slapped some sense into me, feel like I wasted too much time hanging out chasing girls
Old 10-25-2012, 07:49 AM

stimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud of

Wiliamhj, my 14 fish is really a slow day there not many fish the creek that comes through our property and above just a few locals.Everyone fishes on down which is great we usually average in the 25 to 30 to hand when we fish.Guess the not much luck is me being spoiled on water with not much pressure.