The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Southeast U.S.

Southeast U.S. Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2013, 07:55 AM

flysean will become famous soon enough
Default beautiful weekd coming

so what stream are you going to this weekend .come on make me jealous since i can't fish for that elusive trout . after your trip post some pics for me thanks
Old 01-11-2013, 01:37 PM

woodrivertroutbum is just really nicewoodrivertroutbum is just really nicewoodrivertroutbum is just really nicewoodrivertroutbum is just really nice
Default Re: beautiful weekd coming

Definitely hiking/fishing for trout but I will probably do some recon on some carp waters too.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:52 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

The weekend here isn't looking too good, so I don't think I will head out fishing, we are under a winter storm! The girlfriend wanted to ride her horses but I think that will be out also.
Click the image to open in full size.

Old 01-11-2013, 03:41 PM

woodrivertroutbum is just really nicewoodrivertroutbum is just really nicewoodrivertroutbum is just really nicewoodrivertroutbum is just really nice

53 here on Sunday. Says it will be cloudy but I can live with that
Old 01-13-2013, 09:39 AM

I'm sorry about that i live in N.C. and its about mid 70's not the teens i guess its not a very good idea to go out and do some fishing in that weather . HOw are you going to even ride horses in that stuff. i come from pa and its gets cold up there but not that cold and when it did horse back riding wasn't what came to mind lol, maybe ice fishing but neverdid that either . but everyone that has a good weekend i wish tight lines for them
Old 01-13-2013, 10:09 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by flysean View Post
I'm sorry about that i live in N.C. and its about mid 70's not the teens i guess its not a very good idea to go out and do some fishing in that weather . HOw are you going to even ride horses in that stuff. i come from pa and its gets cold up there but not that cold and when it did horse back riding wasn't what came to mind lol, maybe ice fishing but neverdid that either . but everyone that has a good weekend i wish tight lines for them
Mid-70's, now I'm jealous!
I usually wait to go fishing when the temps are in the 20-30 degree range, still have to fight the ice in the guides but at least it isn't miserable out. My girlfriend got a second horse and has been itching to get out and ride but the weekend temps have been brutal lately. I think if she could get a weekend with temps in the 20-30 degree range she would be really happy. Her new horse is just past green broke so she has been waiting to get enough snow on the ground to make it safe, if you get bucked off it makes for a much easier landing with 12-18 inches of snow on the ground.

Larry

Old 01-14-2013, 08:41 AM

diamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to all

I got out to the headwaters above Wilson creek on Saturday. I hiked in a long ways and had the creek to myself. Water levels were low and clear. I guess it didn't rain in the draw I was in. I didn't catch any, but saw some nice ones. The trout that were active appeared to be feeding subsurface on emerging early black stonefly nymphs. I will be tying some thin weighted black hare's ears nymphs for my next trip.

There were over 40 cars on the delayed harvest portion of the Wilson when I passed it both going in and going out. I'd be willing to bet that over 100 people fished that stretch on Saturday. I'm glad that NC is expanding the delayed harvest program, because it's obviously very popular.

Sorry, no pics.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:07 PM

at least you got out to enjoy the beautiful weather we had i just wish i lived closer to the moutains so i could get out . i fished the delayed harvest section one time and the only thing i noticed there was trash all overthe place i was so upset i didn't want to go back to that creek . it was a shame how dirty that beautiful stretch was .maybe one day i will get back up there to enojoy above that stretch and it won't be so bad and bring a trash bag to clean up whati can like last time well i'm sorry that you caught nothing but sometimes all of us are that lucky