The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Southeast U.S.

Southeast U.S. Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2013, 03:12 PM

bdryden is on a distinguished road
Default New Member from SC

Hey guys, figured Id finally introduce myself. Ive been poking around this site for awhile and decided to finally join up. Im a fairly new, self-taught fly fisher that started out up in Wise, VA fishing the Flannagan Tailwater and now live in Columbia, SC and fish the lower Saluda every weekend I am able.

Anyone have any recommendations for trout streams or rivers in SC that a transplant like myself should check out?
Old 01-17-2013, 03:52 PM

il_wi_fishing has a spectacular aura aboutil_wi_fishing has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: New Member from SC

welcome aboard, cant offer much in the way of information but cant wait to see some posts about fishing in SC

Illinois Wisconsin Fishing
Old 01-17-2013, 03:52 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum and the great sport of fly fishing! I can't help with the local info on streams to fish, but hopefully someone else can provide some help.

Larry

Old 01-17-2013, 06:32 PM

flysean will become famous soon enough

welcome to the forum we are around here to help each other out and these guys really do that for me. sorry i am not around sc but if you ever go up to nc maybe i cna help with what little knowledge i have. glad your here!
Old 01-17-2013, 09:39 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

The inmates at the Asylum welcome you. The Staff here keeps us well medicated unlike the UK Mother Board. Several of those folks are on Placebos. Or so it would appear.
Eddie O'Neill likes this.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:27 PM

Reel Karma is on a distinguished road

I fish Lake Murray for stripers a good bit. Get in touch sometime and we'll get on the pond.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:20 PM

dryflypisgah is on a distinguished road

not real familiar with S.C. but i do know there are a bunch of streams around lake jocasse and lake keowee area, a few around lake jocasse come down out of N.C. if I'm not mistaken, so you need to be aware of where you are and your licenses are correct.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:30 AM

fogcreature is on a distinguished road

I'm from Spartanburg, very new to fly fishing but I have some good fishing spots
Old 04-21-2013, 07:27 PM

jimp has a spectacular aura aboutjimp has a spectacular aura aboutjimp has a spectacular aura about

welcome from TN
Old 04-21-2013, 07:47 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure someone here can help you. Might take a few days for the folks in your local waters to see this. I'm sure you will enjoy the forum.