The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Southeast U.S.

Southeast U.S. Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2013, 11:41 AM

roadkill1948 is on a distinguished road
Default Looking for Wilson Creek Report

Planning on hitting Wilson Creek Sun afternoon thru Wed. Will focus on DH section. Appreciate any current information. Thanks, take care, have fun...
Old 05-11-2013, 02:57 PM

diamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to all
Default Re: Looking for Wilson Creek Report

No real trick to it. They stock in so many fish that they're all really hungry and will hit about anything. That place gets hammered, though. I'd bet there are 50+ anglers on it right now at this moment.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:01 AM

Short report, good fishing. We caught them on a variety, but there was a color preference. My buddy got a 18" rainbow and a 14+" brook.
Old 05-17-2013, 06:15 AM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold

Isn't Wilson Creek in Grayson County ? Have a buddy that lives near The Mouth of Wilson but I really do not know anything about the trout stream. Sound's interesting though !

Michael
Old 05-23-2013, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_guy12955 View Post
Isn't Wilson Creek in Grayson County ? Have a buddy that lives near The Mouth of Wilson but I really do not know anything about the trout stream. Sound's interesting though !

Michael
I don't know what counties it hits. I've only fished upstream of the gorge, near Mortimer and Edgemont.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:50 AM

yonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the rough

The Wilson Creek hatchery supported and delayed harvest waters are in western Caldwell County. The Catch and release blue lines are in Avery County. The river that runs through the Mouth of Wilson community in Grayson County, Virginia, is the New River. The New River holds trout in its upper forks around Boone, N.C., and then becomes a fine smallmouth stream in Ashe and Allegheny counties, and on into Virginia.

Here I walk slowly, deliberately, taking it one step, one trout, one sunset at a time. -Harry Middleton