The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Southeast U.S.

Southeast U.S. Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2013, 08:25 AM

jpwv12 is on a distinguished road
Default Overnight trip June 29 on the Davidson or Wilson Creek Backcountry

Guys,

I am new to fly fishing so I dont have experience fishing many streams in NC. A friend and I are planning an overnight trip to the Davidson or possibly Wilson Creek. Will someone please provide advice on which water would be best or recommend another? If Davidson is the spot, where is a good place to set up tent?

Thank you in advance.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:54 AM

diamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to all
Default Re: Overnight trip June 29 on the Davidson or Wilson Creek Backcountry

Those mountain streams are fragile, especially during the summer months. So you're probably not going to get too many people pointing you to specific spots.

But, I'm a big fan of the headwaters of Wilson Creek. There are tons of trails in the region and you'll have no problem finding a good camp site. My only advice is to get as far away from a parking lot as possible and the fishing will be better.

There are some really nice 14"+ browns in some really tiny water up that way, as well as plenty of wild 'bows.