The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Southeast U.S.

Southeast U.S. Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By stimulator2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2013, 12:48 PM

stimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud of
Default Beating around

Two weeknds i took a trip and done some fishing and it was really good except it poured the rain on Friday and the camera got wet and no pics but the fishing in the GSMNP was great on that Saturday caught 30 to hand but no pics.Last Friday i left work at 11:45 to go do some fishing and dad got me to help him awhile with some farm work, then i took off for the evening just to fish and it was good again.
Click the image to open in full size.
Saturday morning found me up and ready at 6am since my daughter chose not to come on fathers day weekend it was fishing time (still blame the x wife for her not coming but she is 13)on the water and the fish were on again seemed the beadhead prince was the flavor of the weekend.
My totals were 17 on Friday and 18 on Saturday .My son called Saturday evening to say he wanted to go ride horses on Sunday and spend the day with me on Fathers Day told him that was fine but i had planned to fish but for him we would ride he said he would be home later.Sunday found us gone at 8:20 on a ride in Cataloochee,He wanted to ride to Little Cataloochee where some of our kin folk are buried at the chuch there.
Inside the church
As we rode i showed some stuff off the beaten path that lots of folks don't know about.
Sort of a history lesson about how our family had to move out when the park took the land and the old homes they burned somethings they left.My great grandfather Steve Woody live 6months after leaving but i guess if you were born and raised there and it was all you knew at 86 you kinda are broken hearted.We were almost to the truck when we saw this cow elk with her fairly newborn calf.
It was a good weekend just beating around in the woods.
diamond rush and yonder like this.
Old 06-18-2013, 04:36 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Beating around

Shannon: Great trip report, fish and photos! With that rain it sounds like a good point and shoot waterproof camera is in order! The photos of the church and family history were also very interesting.

Old 06-20-2013, 03:13 PM

jimp has a spectacular aura aboutjimp has a spectacular aura aboutjimp has a spectacular aura about

x2 what he said, great pics of the area. Thanks for sharing
Old 06-25-2013, 02:07 AM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Great pictures and report! I was surprised to see Elk pictures didn't know that they are trying to reintroduce the to GSMNP. That's really cool!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser