The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Southeast U.S.

Southeast U.S. Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By diamond rush

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2014, 10:26 AM

repperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Headed to Wilmington

I posted this in the general discussion, but maybe here is a better place, anyways, I'm heading to Wilmington, NC may 22 through the 30th and was wondering about any good creeks or rivers that I should check out around there. Looking for trout only, we're not afraid to have to do alittle hike if need be.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Ryan
Old 04-19-2014, 03:37 PM

diamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to all
Default Re: Headed to Wilmington

Are you talking freshwater trout? You're at least 4 hours from the nearest trout stream in Wilmington, NC.
repperson29 likes this.
Old 04-19-2014, 03:47 PM

repperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond rush View Post
Are you talking freshwater trout? You're at least 4 hours from the nearest trout stream in Wilmington, NC.

Shows how much I know about the area! Are there any freshwater streams down there?

Ryan
Old 05-01-2014, 08:00 AM

flysean will become famous soon enough

I'm about an hour north of Wilmington and as far as freshwater there isn't much maybe the cape fear a little farther up but . There is suppose to be a lot of good salt water fishing around but myself am not that up to date with that. I prefer trout fishing in the mountains or smallmouth but I have to travel a good long time to find that. I usually try my hand at flounder in the summer time and don't do bad but I hear that the reds are hot and heave around there off the point of the cape fear. but that's all I know
Old 05-01-2014, 08:15 AM

Yea I know nothing about saltwater, looks like I'll just enjoy the beach and some hiking, thanks guys

Ryan