The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Southeast U.S.

Southeast U.S. Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 6 Post By stimulator2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2014, 01:12 PM

stimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud of
Default Time to burn

Well i had 19hrs of bonus leave i have to take before July 1,and last Tuesday i took the day off for a day ride into the GSMNP to do a little fishing.We got to the area we wanted to fish at 9:30am rigged up walked down the trail from our horses and started fishing at 10am.The fish were on top and bottom as i was fishing a dry/dropper.I can say that Ann has fished some but she was really into it that day as we both completed a slam.My three for the slam were first.
Click the image to open in full size.
Now Ann is just really learning fly fishing and her casting was on that day.She completed her slam in style with another first for her,by catching a Rainbow and Brook at the same time.
We had a 35 fish day with Ann catching 12.Here's the stream in the park.
As things worked out i decided i needed Friday off to and as bad luck hit for Ann, she was off because of a fire at the hospital where she works,they told her to not come in.So we drove to a spot below the house and put in a morning of fishing.The water was still dingy from rain the day before but the San Juan Worm was the ticket.
Ann caught the best fish on Friday.
Click the image to open in full size..
Then it was off to the lake for some tailwater fishing over the weekend.I fished it alone and only took one pic but the fishing was good.
At the end of the day or week there's nothing like sitting on the deck watching the sun set over the trees knowing time to burn was well spent.
Old 06-25-2014, 12:57 PM

mrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Time to burn

Nicely done, sir! Cataloochee?

"Chance favors the well prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur
Old 06-25-2014, 03:04 PM

diamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to all

Nice report. Thanks for sharing. I wish I lived closer to that end of the state!
Old 06-25-2014, 04:02 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Shannon: It doesn't get any better than that, congrats and thanks for sharing!

Old 06-26-2014, 11:58 PM

jeed will become famous soon enough

looks like a good time was had by all, gotta love forced time off!
Old 06-30-2014, 09:08 AM

stimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud of

Not Cataloochee