The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Southeast U.S.

Southeast U.S. Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By wolfglen
  • 1 Post By mcnerney
  • 1 Post By lil_ol_angler_me
  • 1 Post By wolfglen

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2015, 03:34 PM

cheerios is on a distinguished road
Default Everglades Guide for Bass

I'm having a hard time locating a fly fishing guide that for bass fishing in the Everglades. There seem to be quite a few guides in south Florida, but most seem focused on salt or other tackle. I'd love to have a few suggestions.
Old 01-12-2015, 09:50 AM

wolfglen is just really nicewolfglen is just really nicewolfglen is just really nicewolfglen is just really nice
Default Re: Everglades Guide for Bass

I'll bet that if you called Dr. Frank Ogden at the Bonita Beach Veternaria clinic in Bonita Springs Florida he could tell you . When I was the G.Loomis Rep (before Shimano) he was my pro staffer for that area and could probably give you a few names.

Jack
mcnerney and cheerios like this.
Old 01-12-2015, 10:42 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Jack probably has a better option, but I was listening to this Itinerant Angler podcast the other day that you might be interested in:

Podcast: The Everglades with Capt. Mark Giacobba
cheerios likes this.

Old 01-13-2015, 11:43 AM

lil_ol_angler_me is just really nicelil_ol_angler_me is just really nicelil_ol_angler_me is just really nicelil_ol_angler_me is just really nicelil_ol_angler_me is just really nice

Roland Martin or is it Jimmy Houston...well one of them has a fishing camp IN THE 'Glades...he has numerous guides there...might take a shot that route
cheerios likes this.

“I go to the river wholly secure in the knowledge that I do not have all of the answers."
"I am equally hopeful that I will never be able to figure it all out”.

No Man Ever Steps In The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same man
Old 01-13-2015, 11:48 AM

wolfglen is just really nicewolfglen is just really nicewolfglen is just really nicewolfglen is just really nice

Roland had a camp or should I say large marina in Clewiston but it changed hands into his wife's name a long time ago.

It's still there just past Angler's Marina
cheerios likes this.
Old 01-16-2015, 02:04 PM

whipray is on a distinguished road

Look up capt. Shane Procell, very good bass guide in the everglades. He will also put you on numerous exotics species as well as peacock bass
Old 02-16-2015, 08:17 PM

cheerios is on a distinguished road

I'll let you know who what we learn after the trip. Thanks for the info.