The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Southeast U.S.

Southeast U.S. Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2010, 01:09 PM

eldermike is on a distinguished road
Default Hello

Hello to all! I am new to this forum but not new to fly fishing. I hope to learn a few things and share a few things. I am 61, purchased my first fly rod at 14. I tie my own bugs and fish for large gills and bass on local lakes between trips to the mountains to fish for trout. Although I have fished with all types of gear and for many species I have never strayed long or far from a flyrod and line.

Look forward to learning and sharing.
Old 09-03-2010, 06:34 PM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future
Default Re: Hello

Greetings from a fellow NC'er, eldermike!
If you tied that caddis in your avatar, I'll take 1/2 dozen to match the upcoming October caddis that will be fluttering about.
Old 09-03-2010, 06:41 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hi Mike,

You'll like it here when you stop by.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 09-03-2010, 08:13 PM

Thanks for the welcome, looks like a great forum. Jack that's not my caddis but I do tie them, The only bugs I do not tie are cork poppers. I gave up on cork based on the poor paint jobs I do on them. Last year I got hooked on epoxy and went nuts making flies for species I never fish for
Old 09-03-2010, 11:04 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Eldermike, welcome to the forum-- glad to have you aboard. You've got some great fishing down there--- Looking forward to your posts.

Since it sounds like you're into tying all kinds of stuff, we'll be running a bunch of fly swaps this fall and winter. Feel free to jump in on any that float your boat.
Old 09-04-2010, 04:57 PM

Thanks Mark, I'll keep an eye out for the swaps.
Old 09-05-2010, 05:29 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Mike on this great forum.Looking forward to your posts and reports
Old 09-05-2010, 08:08 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi Mike,

Welcome to NAFFF, looking forward to your participation. Check out the Salmon Fly tie along that Pocono is doing. You might like to join that.

Frank
Old 09-08-2010, 08:17 PM

franzenangler will become famous soon enoughfranzenangler will become famous soon enough

Welcome to the forum, I look forward to your reports. What part of NC are you from.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by franzenangler View Post
Welcome to the forum, I look forward to your reports. What part of NC are you from.

Southeast of Raleigh. Great bass fishing and 5 hours from my favorite river, but; got to make a living.