The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Southeast U.S.

Southeast U.S. Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2010, 09:46 AM

LenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to behold
Default North Georgia Mountains

Click the image to open in full size.
Just got off the phone with John. He was pulling up to meet a friend and have breakfast. After breakfast John and friend are assaulting the North Georgia Mountains after huge bows like the photo above from John's trip there last fall. John informed me that this stretch is know for having the state record bow caught in it.
Old 10-13-2010, 11:23 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: North Georgia Mountains

Sounds like a fun trip, keep us posted on how they do!

Larry
Old 10-13-2010, 05:56 PM

LenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to behold

John tortured me by sending me a email from his phone.
Click the image to open in full size.
First 14 casts....14 bows to hand and all over 5 pounds.
John was using small stuff most of the outing.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:41 PM

okuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Yahoo to okuma

Soque River?
Old 10-14-2010, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okuma View Post
Soque River?
i believe so
Old 08-14-2011, 12:03 AM

manderson2228 is on a distinguished road

Wow.. Great pics. I am in GA too. Is the Soque known for this caliber of fish?
Old 12-27-2011, 10:12 AM

TeddyBallgame09 is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: North Georgia Mountains

I have heard many a report containing the words "Soque" & "Torpedo"...along with "Beast"...and, to a lesser extent..."Finned Rugby Ball"

Len, I always enjoy your stuff here & on NGTO...I hope you have a happy and healthy 2012!
Old 01-14-2012, 08:01 PM

zug buggin has a spectacular aura aboutzug buggin has a spectacular aura aboutzug buggin has a spectacular aura about

Most of the Soque is a private pay to fish river that is supported by heavy feedings and private stocking of big fish. Lots of fisherman here in Georgia fish this type of private water. I can't afford it so I guess that shapes my opinion of this.