The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Southeast U.S.

Southeast U.S. Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2008, 02:17 PM

Capt Chris M is on a distinguished road
Default Orlando Florida Report 11/10/08

While the weather has been cool and breezy on most days, the fishing in Mosquito Lagoon has been red hot. The early season cold front of several weeks ago caused many of the baitfish to head south. This turned the focus of the redfish to crabs and shrimp. As a result, the reds have been tailing aggressively throughout the day. There have been numerous schools as well as plenty of singles which have been more than willing to eat a well placed fly or artificial.

On the first day of the month, I was joined by local resident Ben and his friend Jamie from Minnesota. We saw many fish throughout the day including redfish, black drum, and some big trout. Both guys caught a trout early and then Ben hooked up with a couple reds. Both the redfish had been tailing about ten feet in front of the boat. They ended the day landing four more reds. A 4" DOA CAL in Stark Naked was most productive.

Click the image to open in full size.

Tuesday, the forecast was for winds of 10-15. I arrived to find whitecaps and a steady 20 knot breeze. I stuck it out for a couple hours landing 4 redfish on a 5" CAL but quickly grew tired of fighting the wind and went home.

The next day, California resident Tim was on board. When we fished last year, the water was high and dirty making it tough to see the fish. This time, we had clean water and blue skies. We saw tons of redfish, many of them tailing. Tim used a 4" CAL in Arkansas Glow all day. Nearly every fish he got it in front of ate. He landed five reds to 32" and had several more redfish and a big trout come off during an outstanding day of fishing the flats.

Friday, I headed back to the same spot to try and fool a few fish with some flies. The morning was nice with a slight breeze and plenty of tails. I landed a couple reds on my 5wt using an olive and white bendback fly. I then spent some time taking pictures of tailing reds before the sun disappeared behind the clouds.

While I waited for the sun to come back out, I made a short move and tied on a holographic DOA shrimp. I caught five snook to 27' and missed several more. I ended the day with a couple more hours of photography and managed to catch a few more redfish as well.

Sunday, Brad and Allen from Alabama wanted to experience some Mosquito Lagoon sight fishing. Despite having to fight a stiff wind all day, we found plenty of redfish in both schools and singles. The 4" Arkansas Glow was the color of the day and both guys enjoyed some success with redfish to 34".

The chance of finding tailing redfish will remain excellent throughout the rest of the year. The size and numbers of schools will increase as we head in to winter. Small soft plastic jerk baits, shrimp, and crabs will all be effective. For fly anglers, crab shrimp, and benback patterns work best.Take a close look in the shallow sand spots for both redfish and large trout.

Capt. Chris Myers
Central Florida Sight Fishing Charters
Mosquito Lagoon Fishing Guide

Last edited by Capt Chris M; 12-29-2009 at 08:43 AM.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:52 AM

lyjl0323 is on a distinguished road
Default 气动丝扣球阀

气动法兰球阀维护保养   1、阀门应存干燥通风的室内,通路两端须堵塞。   2、长期存放的阀门应定期检查,清除污物,d671x并在加工面上涂防锈油。   3、d671x安装后,应定期进行检查,主要检查项目:   (1)密封面磨损情况。   (2)阀杆和阀杆螺母的梯形螺纹磨损情况。   (3)填料是否过时失效,如有损坏应及时更换。   (4)气动丝扣球阀检修装配后,应进行密封性能试验。   气动切断球阀注脂时的维护保养工作   d671x在焊接前投产前以及投产后的阀门专业养护工作,为气动软密封蝶阀服务于生产运营中起着至关重要的作用,正确和有序有效的维护保养会保护阀门,使阀门正常发挥功能并且延长d 671x使用寿命。阀门养护工作看似简单,其实不然。工作中常有被忽视的方面。   第一、d671x注脂时,常常忽视注脂量的问题。注脂枪加油后,操作人员选择气动衬氟蝶阀和注脂联结方式后,进行注脂作业。存在着二种情况:一方面注脂量少注脂不足,密封面因缺少润滑剂而加快磨损 。另一方面注脂过量,造成浪费。在于没有根据d671x类型类别,对不同的阀门密封容量进行精确的计算。可 以以阀门尺寸和类别算出密封容量,再合理的注入适量的润滑脂。