The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Southern U.S.

Southern U.S. Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee and Kentucky. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2010, 04:16 PM

captainskip is on a distinguished road
Default Fly Fishing Louisiana

Captain Skip "Stuck" Floyd here,
I am new to this and would just like to tell everyone hello. I am soon to have my charter business rolling down here in Louisiana for these crazy reds that we have. I fish mostly on the west side of the state but am planning on covering the entire southern part of the state, once fishing opens back up on the east side. I will be asking you old veterans alot of advice on here and hope that I can accomodate some of you guys down here in redfish country USA. I will have my web site built within a week or 2 which I will post on here. But again I am looking for advice, tips and secrets to this wonderful world of fly fishing.

Thanks,
Capt Skip
TFO Flyrods
Old 05-14-2010, 04:30 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fly Fishing Louisiana

Stuck: Welcome to the forum! I sure hope this mess of an oil spill doesn't impact your business venture too much. It sure looks like a giant catastropy when I see it on the nightly news. The news makes the oil companies look like they weren't prepared and didn't have any real contingency plans in place for something this big.

Larry
Old 05-14-2010, 09:39 PM

captainskip is on a distinguished road

I actually work for a major oil company in the gulf. Let me tell you something.. They are doing so much for this problem words can not say. You should know by now the news makes everything look so bad and nothing of the good that is happening. But I do agree with you on the venture of my little guide company. I hope it does not impact it to much, the one advantage I have is I fish in the Lake Charles area and it is LOADED with shallow fish tailing all over so I can get my banshee right in there and let someone with a fly smoke them.
I still hope to see some of you northern type people coming down here and fighting one of these 20 to 40 pound reds in 6 to 12 inches of water.. it is SICK..
"nickname came from me fishing in the HT Redfish cup and getting stuck every day of prefish at least 3 times and then getting stuck both days of the tournament."

Thanks,
Capt Stuck
Old 05-14-2010, 11:37 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainskip View Post
I actually work for a major oil company in the gulf. Let me tell you something.. They are doing so much for this problem words can not say. You should know by now the news makes everything look so bad and nothing of the good that is happening. But I do agree with you on the venture of my little guide company. I hope it does not impact it to much, the one advantage I have is I fish in the Lake Charles area and it is LOADED with shallow fish tailing all over so I can get my banshee right in there and let someone with a fly smoke them.
I still hope to see some of you northern type people coming down here and fighting one of these 20 to 40 pound reds in 6 to 12 inches of water.. it is SICK..
"nickname came from me fishing in the HT Redfish cup and getting stuck every day of prefish at least 3 times and then getting stuck both days of the tournament."

Thanks,
Capt Stuck
Capt Stuck: It is good to hear the other side of the story, we all know the news can be one sided, but when you are an outsider to the industry and don't live in the area all you have is the news.
I knew there had to be a great story behind the nickname, thanks for sharing!
I have been thinking of making a trip down that way for some reds, maybe next year will be the year.

Larry
Old 07-22-2014, 11:18 AM

Joey Bagels is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainskip View Post
Captain Skip "Stuck" Floyd here,

I am new to this and would just like to tell everyone hello. I am soon to have my charter business rolling down here in Louisiana for these crazy reds that we have. I fish mostly on the west side of the state but am planning on covering the entire southern part of the state, once fishing opens back up on the east side. I will be asking you old veterans alot of advice on here and hope that I can accomodate some of you guys down here in redfish country USA. I will have my web site built within a week or 2 which I will post on here. But again I am looking for advice, tips and secrets to this wonderful world of fly fishing.

Thanks,

Capt Skip

TFO Flyrods

So how'd the business go?
Four years later and no new posts means either you're way to busy to check back in for all that advice, or that you've been abducted by aliens. Hopefully it's the former.