The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Southern U.S.

Southern U.S. Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee and Kentucky. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2011, 09:55 AM

flyaddict is on a distinguished road
Default Anyone near the SOHO

Im new to this forum just wondering if anyone on here fished the South Holston or Watauga rivers on a regular basis.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:13 AM

chuck66 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Anyone near the SOHO

Gonna be on the Holston today at some point. Great fishing up in the Hickory Tree area all the way down to the lake. Also the Watauga and Nolichuckey.
Old 01-01-2012, 01:59 PM

tennesseeflies is on a distinguished road

i fishing the soho all the time the best trout river in east tennessee email me some time we can hook up and fishing tennesseeflies@yahoo.com
Old 02-09-2012, 12:57 AM

flytie09 will become famous soon enough

I fish there as often as I can. It's a little tricky and intimidating at first, but once you do some research, you'll be ok.

Look up some hatch charts, go to the South Holston Fly Shop and ask them some questions. They're a great resource. Their fly selections are targeted to SOHO and they can point you in the right direction.

And I'd also say go long leaders, 6x-7x tippets (2#). Go to TN Fish and Game site for a river map and buy a Delorme road map. Beyond that, you've got 8 miles of the best water out there. Just don't expect it to be a secret. The word has been out and you'll have others around.

Have fun.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:27 AM

billyspey has a spectacular aura aboutbillyspey has a spectacular aura about

yes fish , the s holston.the clinch,the holston.watagua,and the cumberland in ky. so much water to fish and to little time.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:01 AM

smalliesrule has a spectacular aura aboutsmalliesrule has a spectacular aura aboutsmalliesrule has a spectacular aura about

Is that you Eric?

Stan
Old 02-09-2012, 01:41 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hi Flyaddict,

It looks like you raised a few with the first cast here I hadn't even looked at your post because I have no experience on these rivers, jeez, how that happened I don't know but it did

Welcome to the forum and I hope that you and your fellow anglers down there will continue to use the forum for contact and sharing a few stories and pictures of these rivers with those of us who won't be there any time soon.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 10-19-2012, 11:46 AM

horseman_37601 will become famous soon enough

hello--
i fish the watauga as much as i can, usually 3 to 4 times a week. very lucky, i have a horse farm, i am 1.5 miles from watauga river. great fishing, most of the time--

"the ox is slow, but the earth is patience"