The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Southern U.S. (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/southern-u-s/)
-   -   Kentuckiana Fly Fishing Show Febuary 11th 2012 (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/southern-u-s/218536-kentuckiana-fly-fishing-show-febuary-11th-2012-a.html)

mbphotos54 12-18-2011 11:29 AM

Kentuckiana Fly Fishing Show Febuary 11th 2012(photos added)

Hi everyone I just found out about an event a club I support is hosting in Febuary in Louisville Kentucky and thought I would share it so anyone on here near or far that may have an interest can take advantage of this.

Below is more information and a link for more details.

Join us for the 7th Annual Kentuckiana Fly Fishing Show! | www.kyflyshow.com

Fern Valley Inn and Conference Center
2715 Fern Valley Road Louisville, KY

The Derby City Fly Fishers will host the seventh annual Kentuckiana Fly Fishing Show on Saturday, February 11, 2012, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. at the Fern Valley Inn and Conference Center located at 2715 Fern Valley Road. Admission is $7 each with active military and children 12 and under free. Also, there is no charge for parking at the Fern Valley Conference Center!

Our featured speaker this year is Arkansas guide and author Fox Statler. Fox brings a unique and entertaining perspective to fly fishing. From his no boundary fly fishing methods, hook point up fly tying concepts, and “trophies on a tread” ultralight fishing techniques, there’s sure to be some new thoughts and insights for everyone. Fox’s web site is Willow Ford - Fox Statler, UP Fly Rods, sowbug, sculpin, minnow, and tail-race trout patterns.

The one day event is focused strictly on fly fishing and the tools that allow us to pursue the sport. The show will introduce fly fishing to a beginner audience as well as offer expert instruction and information to the advanced fly fisher. The show includes over 40 exhibits and educational seminars and traditionally draws people from a number of states. Derby City Fly Fishers believes there is a large audience of outdoor sportsmen that will appreciate the uniqueness fly fishing brings one to quiet, natural surroundings where we pursue our sport. Everyone will soon discover that fly fishing requires no extraordinary strength, but that it relies on the skills of timing and technique. You will also be pleased to discover that while fly fishing has the mystique of being expensive, it can be surprisingly affordable on a family budget.

Men, women, and young people will be entertained and educated by experts on the art of fly casting and fly tying. The novice and experienced fly fisher will enjoy reviewing the latest in tackle and technique from a diverse offering of tackle vendors, manufacturers representatives, outfitters, retailers, and artists. Young people of all ages will enjoy crafting their own flies in the “Kids Corner” that are sure to catch fish. Nature enthusiasts will find information on destinations including some of the most pristine outdoor venues available in our region of the country. While fly fishing can be experienced with walk in and wading trips, the show will also feature canoes, kayaks, pontoons, and other individual watercraft that greatly expand accessibility at minimum costs.

"Each year we are amazed how much everyone seams to enjoy the Kentuckiana Fly Fishing Show," says Wes Krupiczewicz, show chairman for 2012. "It is a unique outdoor show where the focus is strictly on fly fishing. We are very excited to be hosting the 7th Annual Kentuckiana Fly Fishing Show and hope to spread the fly fishing fever to new people in our community. We have geared up some great educational seminars to appeal to both novice to experienced fisherman. I want to really encourage parents to bring their kids and teenagers and introduce them to a sport they can enjoy for the rest of their lives. The experience angler should come to the show with a goal in mind to expand their skills. There are opportunities to test cast the newest fly rods and lines. Take the opportunity to discuss a guide’s favorite water and learn new places to fish. Finally, enjoy the creativity and skill of the various fly tiers that ply their craft at the show!"

Derby City Fly Fishers' is a 501(c)(3) organization whose mission is to promote conservation and preserve, protect and restore natural resources. It is also charged with educating and stimulating interest in fly fishing for all species of fish, on all waters, and to reach out to youth and encourage an interest in the sport.

gatortransplant 12-18-2011 05:15 PM

Re: Kentuckiana Fly Fishing Show Febuary 11th 2012

I might try to be in Louisville for this weekend, but I'm already aiming to go to the Somerset, NJ show two weeks before so it'll be cutting it close.

mbphotos54 12-18-2011 07:37 PM

this is too local for me not to go. I am going to try and do photo coverage.

mbphotos54 01-06-2012 11:10 PM

getting closer. hope some folks from here can make it. if so let me know so we can meet up.

Mike

mbphotos54 02-02-2012 09:37 PM

this event is getting close, This will be my first fly fishing show so I am looking forward to learning what i can, I hope some of you can join.
mike

gatortransplant 02-02-2012 11:41 PM

Hey Mike, I'm not going to make it to this one, I'm flying in the following weekend. Hope it goes well! I'm sure it will be a great show.

popperfly 02-03-2012 10:25 AM

There will be several of us from middle Tennessee heading to the show...see you there!

mbphotos54 02-03-2012 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gatortransplant (Post 389958)
Hey Mike, I'm not going to make it to this one, I'm flying in the following weekend. Hope it goes well! I'm sure it will be a great show.

AJ, they jsut stocked trout again at the creek, hope you can make it down while your in town. popper, ill pm my contact info
Mike

bm3moose 02-08-2012 06:49 PM

Of all weekends I can't make it because of drill. I would like to go to OC and fish sometime. It'd be great to have a mentor, I've never fished for trout. Is anyone going next weekend?

mbphotos54 02-08-2012 09:02 PM

hey moose, where are you located? Knox?? this show is just this saturday but theres usally some one out there on a nice weekend, otter creek is a place im at alot, so if you have any questions pm me, im off on wednesdays so I usually go then, the park is closed mon-tues. I go out there on sundays to some times.
mike