The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Southern U.S.

Southern U.S. Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee and Kentucky. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2014, 11:17 AM

tnpondmanager is on a distinguished road
Default Re: West TN Monster Bluegill

I suppose it takes all kinds, including, unfortunately, people lacking a surplus of class. The first time I came to this forum I was simply killing time, as people have been wont to do from time to time on the internet; I saw this thread in which someone in the very same state I live in, was asking where he might find some exceptional bluegill water in said state. It's really beyond me how my responding to that very specific question constitutes such egregious self-promotion the like of which has never been seen.

I didn't come on here and make a general post out of context; I didn't even reply to a thread in which, for example, someone had asked where to catch big bass, or trout, or any other species under the sun. The author of the thread had asked where in Tennessee he could catch "monster" bluegill; I simply told him the best place in the state to catch them.

Beyond that, considering that bluegill are indeed popular among one or two fly rod anglers in this country, I thought the information might be appreciated.

Lastly, if you've never had a guide business, there aren't a lot of ways to let people know about your service outside of forums such as this.

Believe it or not, there are actually fishing forums online where the members act like decent, respectful adults and don't write things to each other that they probably wouldn't say in person. I made the mistake of assuming this was such a forum.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:37 AM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnpondmanager View Post
I suppose it takes all kinds, including, unfortunately, people lacking a surplus of class. The first time I came to this forum I was simply killing time, as people have been wont to do from time to time on the internet; I saw this thread in which someone in the very same state I live in, was asking where he might find some exceptional bluegill water in said state. It's really beyond me how my responding to that very specific question constitutes such egregious self-promotion the like of which has never been seen.

I didn't come on here and make a general post out of context; I didn't even reply to a thread in which, for example, someone had asked where to catch big bass, or trout, or any other species under the sun. The author of the thread had asked where in Tennessee he could catch "monster" bluegill; I simply told him the best place in the state to catch them.

Beyond that, considering that bluegill are indeed popular among one or two fly rod anglers in this country, I thought the information might be appreciated.

Lastly, if you've never had a guide business, there aren't a lot of ways to let people know about your service outside of forums such as this.

Believe it or not, there are actually fishing forums online where the members act like decent, respectful adults and don't write things to each other that they probably wouldn't say in person. I made the mistake of assuming this was such a forum.
Does being decent and respectful include abiding by the rules of the forum you agreed to BEFORE you completed your registration?

Quote from rules and guidelines:
Advertising and Spamming Posts
Advertising and spamming is not allowed in posts. This also includes using the forum email and private message system to spam other members. NAFFF does not allow members to post threads or to send private messages or emails to users that advertise, promote or solicit any products, services or other websites. Explicit advertising in signatures is also prohibited. It is only allowable if the product or service is discussed as a direct answer to a previous post.

Before you point the finger at how people are acting on the forum...look in the mirror.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:38 AM

westie25 is on a distinguished road

Click the image to open in full size.

I've caught a few big uns before. Nothing to brag about but a few slabs.
mcnerney and mridenour like this.
Old 01-22-2014, 12:34 PM

tnpondmanager is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mridenour View Post
Does being decent and respectful include abiding by the rules of the forum you agreed to BEFORE you completed your registration?

Quote from rules and guidelines:
Advertising and Spamming Posts
Advertising and spamming is not allowed in posts. This also includes using the forum email and private message system to spam other members. NAFFF does not allow members to post threads or to send private messages or emails to users that advertise, promote or solicit any products, services or other websites. Explicit advertising in signatures is also prohibited. It is only allowable if the product or service is discussed as a direct answer to a previous post.

Before you point the finger at how people are acting on the forum...look in the mirror.
Perhaps you should work on your reading comprehension. From your own post, from the italicized portion quoting the rules:

"It is only allowable if the product or service is discussed as a direct answer to a previous post."

My product conforms to this guideline 100%.
Old 01-22-2014, 12:58 PM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of

If that is how you interpret the OP's question then I guess you didn't intentionally do anything wrong and I stand corrected. I didn't see him asking for your type of service. The sooner this dies off the better. I'm out! I officially declare you the winner.

Good luck and I hope you catch those two pounders.

Whenever I need a bluegill guide...you da man.