The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Southern U.S.

Southern U.S. Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee and Kentucky. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2013, 06:00 PM

zug buggin has a spectacular aura aboutzug buggin has a spectacular aura aboutzug buggin has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Which TN tailwater?

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyspey View Post
The best fishing is the South Holston ! I can be on The Clinch in 30 min fishing or the Holston but choose to drive 2 hours for quality fishing. If they are generating best time for a float ,no generation you can wade. Don't have that option on any other tailwaters.
Yes the SoHo is the best fishery but also has the most attention especially on weekends. My favorite is the Clinch, I enjoy the streamer fishing when they are generating, but my favorite is when you can get a window with no generation. I love putting in at the Orchard and midge fishing before daylight, how those fish can see a #20 Zebra Midge a hour before breaking baylight I'll never know...Big Time FUN
Old 03-05-2013, 09:52 PM

cincyspey is on a distinguished road

South holston
Old 03-06-2013, 05:36 AM

billyspey has a spectacular aura aboutbillyspey has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by zug buggin View Post
Yes the SoHo is the best fishery but also has the most attention especially on weekends. My favorite is the Clinch, I enjoy the streamer fishing when they are generating, but my favorite is when you can get a window with no generation. I love putting in at the Orchard and midge fishing before daylight, how those fish can see a #20 Zebra Midge a hour before breaking baylight I'll never know...Big Time FUN
Are you saying the Clinch doesn't have crowds , maybe not an hour before daylight, but after day light . That can be a different story.they all have their crowds during good fishing times. But for for all types of flyfishing the South Holston has more bug life. So if you enjoy dry fly fishing from Feb to Nov. the Clinch maybe you might get lucky a sulphur hatch , might happen , Midges on both rivers. And of course nymphs any time. But my preference is on top. So my chances of this happening is the S Holston. And all native Brown Trout.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:24 PM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by zug buggin View Post
Yes the SoHo is the best fishery but also has the most attention especially on weekends.

Gee... I wonder why that is!
Old 04-15-2013, 01:21 AM

flytie09 will become famous soon enough

Ha ha. Fish a tailwater, the chances for blow outs and skunkers are closer to 0. Your schedule is up to TVA however.

Where else can you go and see dry fly action on low water all year round every day. Not many places.

My hot dog stand idea makes a lot of sense though. Have you been to the weir dam lately on a weekend?