The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Southern U.S.

Southern U.S. Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee and Kentucky. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By takesthegun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2013, 09:49 PM

k1200sportbike is on a distinguished road
Question New to Middle-Tennessee; Help please

I've recently moved to the Franklin, TN area and am unfamiliar with the waters here. I "looked over" some, such as the Harpeth and Duck, but have had no time as of yet to fish any. A friend who does not fly-fish told me the Harpeth is basically infected with snakes and to stay away. I am not interested in only trout, truly just love catching any and all. I must admit, I'm not very expierenced, so as is stated in A River Runs Through It; "anyone who does not know how to fish, would not disgrace a trout in catching it." Although I truly aspire to be a great trout fisherman, I love fishing for smallmouth, largemouth and other worthy game fish. I could use some advice on good waters in and around the middle-Tennessee area. Thanks for the advice and time, Steve
Old 11-04-2013, 12:40 AM

waterfordcreek has a spectacular aura aboutwaterfordcreek has a spectacular aura aboutwaterfordcreek has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: New to Middle-Tennessee; Help please

My only experiences have been on the Caney. The few times i fished it...it was on/off.

I good friend of mine fishes the Duck. From what i understand...there is alot of good fishable water.

Also you have the Elk......That is a fairly famous tailwater also.

Sorry i could help more. If you head to the GSMNP....Give me a shout!

Good luck

Jim
Old 11-04-2013, 04:41 AM

billyspey has a spectacular aura aboutbillyspey has a spectacular aura about

Check with the guys at Fly South in Nashville they will get you started in the right direction.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:56 AM

takesthegun is on a distinguished road

fly south - the go to,,there is another shop way down south,,flies an lies or something toward that ..check fly south page ,go to links..Williamsport ,very good, rent alil jon boat (like 8 bucks -a day)($5to fish 1 0f 4 ponds )on the Harpeth ...go down over towards where the old spillway used to be ,,good section there ..also harlinsdale pond off franklin rd.,just take a look acroos from the factory,,also over at on the old natchez trace rd,deeper runs ......I am blacktaildeer76@yahoo.com ...drop me a e-mail,,maybe go chase some smallies or blue gills,also over on carters creek an coleman ,there is a pond -its shallow,you can see the carp tailing ,,runoff from the Harpeth....git ahold of me ,,,take care michael
ted4887 likes this.