The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Spey Casting, Spey and Switch Fly Rods and Double Handed Fly Fishing > Spey Fly Lines and other Spey Tackle

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Guest1
  • 1 Post By fredaevans

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2012, 03:06 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Trevor Morgan lines.

You guys may remember me talking about Trevor Morgan lines before. I just found a video on You Tube he did. I thought I would put it on here so you could see it. By the way I love his lines.
mcnerney and littledavid123 like this.
Old 12-01-2012, 04:58 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trevor Morgan lines.

I was just over on the UK forum and found this link:
Trevor Morgan Javelin Spey Fly Lines

It has been a little hard to get ahold of these over here, but this should make it a bit easier. I understand he also now takes paypal. It has been a few years now that I have been casting these lines and I still love them.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:11 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like my 'love affair' with the Carron lines. Was interested in the grain weight's on the web sight (math off the top of my head here) but the 9/10 has got to be in the 700 grain range and the 10/11 close to 900 some.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:45 AM

delopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
Sounds like my 'love affair' with the Carron lines.
I'm anxious to try the carron jetsream 55' line. It really looks like a nice line...
Old 12-06-2012, 01:16 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by delopez View Post
I'm anxious to try the carron jetsream 55' line. It really looks like a nice line...
With a 14' - 15' rod the 55' head is a delight. The longer head really requires a a 15' - 16' foot stick.

The Carron Casting Team didn't win all those contests by accident.
Guest1 likes this.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:51 PM

delopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the rough

I will own one, one day. I found out that the Trevor Morgan Javelin lines are created at the same factory that the Carron lines are produced at. Must be some seriously good stuff.