The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Spey Casting, Spey and Switch Fly Rods and Double Handed Fly Fishing > Spey Rods and Switch Rods - Fly Fishing Tackle Talk!

Spey Rods and Switch Rods - Fly Fishing Tackle Talk! Discuss all the latest Spey and Switch fly rods and double handed fly fishing rods here.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By moucheur2003

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2012, 03:38 PM

moucheur2003 is a jewel in the roughmoucheur2003 is a jewel in the roughmoucheur2003 is a jewel in the roughmoucheur2003 is a jewel in the rough
Default TFO Deer Creek 15' 8/9

I got one. I love it. Great action, great price. Just sayin'.

(Last summer I took a spey casting lesson with Michael Mauri. mauri-flyfishing.us - Home He loved it too. Called it "like sugar".)
bugslinger likes this.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:33 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TFO Deer Creek 15' 8/9

I am pretty sure that Bob Meiser had a hand in the design of that rod. In case you are not aware, he is the spey rod Yoda. I have a 15' 8/9 Meiser I am going to have buried with me. I have an Airflo Delta Tactical Spey line on it that I can toss out of the rod. I added 30' of running line to it. Not what does that tell you about the rod? I think Mike Kinney also had a hand in that rod.

Just double checked, yes they did;
TFO Deer Creek Series Spey Rods Reviews | TFO Deer Creek Series Spey Rods Details
Old 12-07-2012, 08:01 PM

moucheur2003 is a jewel in the roughmoucheur2003 is a jewel in the roughmoucheur2003 is a jewel in the roughmoucheur2003 is a jewel in the rough

I've got an Airflo spey line on mine too, but I can't toss the whole thing out of the rod yet. Have to work on my timing for shooting line. Maybe next summer!
Old 12-08-2012, 11:46 AM

delopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the rough

I have the 13'6 version of this rod. I have a skagit line on it now, but have a delta spey multi tip and a Trevor Morgan Javelin lines on their way. It's a really deep loading rod. The only thing that I don't like about it is the color
Old 12-08-2012, 11:50 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by delopez View Post
The only thing that I don't like about it is the color
I understand they are an Amythest Purple color. Personally I like purple. It's the color of royalty and I enjoy being a royal pain once in a while.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:42 PM

bugslinger is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by moucheur2003 View Post
I got one. I love it. Great action, great price. Just sayin'.

(Last summer I took a spey casting lesson with Michael Mauri. mauri-flyfishing.us - Home He loved it too. Called it "like sugar".)
Im very glad your happy with your purchase with Bob Meiser and Mike Kinney behind this rods design, what else can you say. So what pray tell are you going to unleash said beast upon??

Last edited by bugslinger; 12-10-2012 at 04:43 PM. Reason: two left thumbzes
Old 12-10-2012, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugslinger View Post
Im very glad your happy with your purchase with Bob Meiser and Mike Kinney behind this rods design, what else can you say. So what pray tell are you going to unleash said beast upon??
I got it last year but only learned how to cast it last summer. I have already taken a few Atlantics with it up in Quebec. Largest was about 13 lb. May also try some inshore saltwater fishing for striped bass, blues or bonito here in New England next spring if I find the right opportunity.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:33 PM

bugslinger is on a distinguished road

Have fun with it on stripers, there a blast on a two hander. False albacore over chum is so much fun it should be illegal. Good luck.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:14 AM

trial153 is on a distinguished road

I had the 13' foot and it cast a short belly delta Spey very well, nice rod good luck with her.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:28 PM

delopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the rough

I just got my Trevor Morgan line all spooled up and ready to cast on it. This line is going be a rocket launcher with this rod!