The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Spey Casting, Spey and Switch Fly Rods and Double Handed Fly Fishing > Spey Rods and Switch Rods - Fly Fishing Tackle Talk!

Spey Rods and Switch Rods - Fly Fishing Tackle Talk! Discuss all the latest Spey and Switch fly rods and double handed fly fishing rods here.

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2014, 12:39 PM

jabrowning24 will become famous soon enoughjabrowning24 will become famous soon enough
Default Intro

Just wanted to intoduce myself before I start chiming in on your board here. I live in AK and primarily fish the kenai (mostly trout) I am newer to the 2 hand world but since I got my first long rod a couple years back I am fully engulfed in it!

I have been tying flies for quite a while and within the last year have started trying my hand at classics and that has just been a hell of a ride! I will start posting pictures soon to get some help from the vets and just maybe inspire someone else at their bench!

While fishing with Mr. Stetts (hardyreels) a couple weeks back he told me about this board so I figured I gotta jump in, I look forward to sharing the bit of knowledge I have and learning as much as possible from you all!
Old 02-10-2014, 12:44 PM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of
Default Re: Intro

Welcome to the board! Looking forward to getting to know you!
Old 02-10-2014, 12:47 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

on board....you've already fished with Ard...can't find a more experienced guide in AK
mridenour likes this.
Old 02-10-2014, 12:51 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to reading about your fly fishing and tying adventures!

When you get to the point you want to post some photos, just realize that the forum doesn't allow you to directly upload a photo from your computer to a post on the forum due to virus issues. There are a few different methods, but probably the easiest is to upload your photos to a third party photo hosting site like PhotoBucket and then link your photo to a post. Here is a more detailed discussion: A Few Tips For Posting Pictures To The Forums;

Larry
mridenour likes this.

Old 02-10-2014, 01:08 PM

baseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nice

Welcome and I look forward to hearing more from you.

“Be patient and calm – for no one can catch fish in anger.” – Herbert Hoover
Old 02-10-2014, 01:11 PM

gzarboni is just really nicegzarboni is just really nicegzarboni is just really nicegzarboni is just really nice

Welcome. Looking forward to your insight on Alaska.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"There are no traffic jams along the extra mile"

http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/fo...logs/gzarboni/
Old 02-10-2014, 02:13 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hi Josh,

You finally made the trip to the forum

JP, you are way too kind.

Everyone should know that I ask Josh to come over to the forum so we could get a little more insight on Switch Rods & Skagit type heads on full length Spey Rods. We have only been out one time but that was enough for me to see that he is a good fisherman and very serious about his fishing the long rods using traditional flies.

We were able to spend about 12 hours together and I quickly learned that he is a genuine good fellow; loves the outdoors and especially the waters & fish. I do hope he'll be posting some flies that he ties because they are on par with the best I've seen.

So, welcome to the forum Josh and I look forward to our next trip!

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 02-10-2014, 03:13 PM

jabrowning24 will become famous soon enoughjabrowning24 will become famous soon enough

Wow, great response guys! Ard might be over stating my knowledge or abilities but I will do all I can to be a contributing member of the board! Thanks for the info on the photos, same style used for another board. I already have several on photobucket so I'll get some flies up soon. Very welcoming crowd here, thanks all
Old 02-11-2014, 10:43 AM

Eddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to behold

Welcome to the forum Josh, enjoy
Old 02-11-2014, 10:52 AM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

Hi Josh.
As The Other have mentioned Welcome aboard.
The Kenai is a Beautiful River also Ard Really Knows AK & is One of The Best as well as A Top Guy to Know.
Brian