The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Spey Casting, Spey and Switch Fly Rods and Double Handed Fly Fishing > Spey Rods and Switch Rods - Fly Fishing Tackle Talk!

Spey Rods and Switch Rods - Fly Fishing Tackle Talk! Discuss all the latest Spey and Switch fly rods and double handed fly fishing rods here.

Like Tree34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2014, 05:11 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default To "Pass Forward" to a young man/lady.

There is no way I want my 2handers to end up on a garage table with a $5.00 price tag. I can only fish one rod at a time and its been months since I had the physical ability to do that. Last trip Mr. Dog, Sandy the Lab, and I just sat and watched the water go by. It was a good morning as I sipped my 7-11 coffee and gave him dog treats as he rubbed his nose against my leg. Two of us have been together for a very long, but good, time.

To the point. I have two (a 7 and 8) custom made Burkie rods (reel and line included) to "Pass Forward" to a young person. AND I do mean a young person into fly fishing.

The 'cost' will be about $50.00-$70.00 for proper packaging, etc. If you have that 'Young Person' contact me by PM.

fae
Old 08-15-2014, 05:22 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: To "Pass Forward" to a young man/lady.

Fred: I guess that counts me out. LOL!
Anyway, you are the man, many thanks for playing it forward so someone else can enjoy those two rods that you have enjoyed all these years.
hairwing530, siege and labradorguy like this.

Old 08-15-2014, 05:33 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Larry both are extraordinary rods. Letter on my desk that took me to tears from one of the first "Posted Forward." From the parents; there are times you know you made a good decision.

Another one off in today's Post to young "Brian."

fae
hairwing530 likes this.
Old 08-15-2014, 05:40 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Bravo Fred, Bravo!
fredaevans and hairwing530 like this.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 08-15-2014, 05:44 PM

runningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of light

Me, me, me
Old 08-15-2014, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningfish View Post
Me, me, me
Not for you; How old are your kids?

That is a serious question. Hands on a young person shoulders, their eyes closed as the make/form/fire the cast. Leader fluff out on the end of the leader and BANGO-YES!!!!-WOOZER-YOU GOT IT, etc ...

BLISS!

Dog and I went back to the Jeep and watched him cast .. a few walk back into the water and, "If I may suggests" but kid was pretty damned good for a first time. You NEVER tell a 'Newbie' what he/she is doing wrong. "Here's what's not working as well as it can ...''

Best fun was a light 2hander in the Bitterroot River in Hamilton Montana. Dog WOOFS!, AND I have a half dozen people behind me. 'What kind of rod is that?' 'Well would you like to try?' .... every one (street clothing) just waded out into the river. Had to rig up a second rod.

As Rich Henry said many years ago to my wife: 'Think of the music in your head.' Not fly rods, but she was busting out casts in 10 minutes into the Chetco River. First 'done that' and FISH ON! Have a picture of the two in my office.

fae
runningfish and labradorguy like this.
Old 08-15-2014, 07:08 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: To "Pass Forward" to a young man/lady.

Fred, this is an extraordinary offer you've made for two very lucky recipients. I'm sure they'll remember this and treasure them for a very long time.

Kudos to you man!
Old 08-15-2014, 07:34 PM

labradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nice

Fred-

Thank you for this. My boys are going to treasure your rods. They will do you proud with them.

I guess I'm going to be the misfit of our group with an NRX bonefish rod in hand. I'd better go get me a man sized rod and set about learning how to cast one so I can help the boys along on their steelhead quest.

I will remember this gesture. It's a lesson for all of your friends here.

All my best and thank you again Sir.

-Jason
"In Heaven the police are British, the cooks are French, the cars are German, and the women are Italian. In Hell the police are German, the cooks are English, the cars are French, and the women are Italian...."
Old 08-15-2014, 08:29 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

x2 what john said...BRAVO !!!!!!!!
one of the finest personel gestures i've ever seen.
i'm sure these youngsters will enjoy these for years to come
again, well done

casey
fyshstykr and siege like this.

ARFE
Old 08-15-2014, 11:57 PM

Thumbs up Re: To "Pass Forward" to a young man/lady.

Quote:
Originally Posted by labradorguy View Post
Fred-

Thank you for this. My boys are going to treasure your rods. They will do you proud with them.

I guess I'm going to be the misfit of our group with an NRX bonefish rod in hand. I'd better go get me a man sized rod and set about learning how to cast one so I can help the boys along on their steelhead quest.

I will remember this gesture. It's a lesson for all of your friends here.

All my best and thank you again Sir.

-Jason
Have your PM/kids names/address.' All I've asked is you cover the cost of the packaging/shipping. Will take four boxes but the rods/reels will be properly marked for the 'match up.' Repeating myself but rig the rods, put on the reels, add fly and the Laddie(s) is 'All In.'

fae
labradorguy and smilingduck like this.