The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > The Tenkara Forum Threads

The Tenkara Forum Threads Discuss the tackle and techniques of Tenkara fly fishing here

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By shimloom
  • 1 Post By CutThroat Leaders
  • 1 Post By shimloom

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2013, 02:52 PM

shimloom will become famous soon enough
Default First Trip with Iwana 12'

After a couple of months of work, wind and lack of time I hit the local lake for some fishing. After using a spinning rod to locate bluegills and crappie got the Tenkara rod rigged and started fishing. After 4 hours I managed to catch around 30 'gills (up to 8") and crappie (up to 11"), 1 3lb cat (on a wet fly) and some small bass. For the first trip I will be hard to beat.

Next I hope to hit the river/streams for some trout action.

Craig
yonder likes this.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:13 PM
Business Member

CutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: First Trip with Iwana 12'

Sounds like a blast. My son (7yrs) is deadly with his Tenkara rod in hand. When the bluegills and crappie are on, it cannot be beat for good times. Tenkara is a great way to get kids interested in Fly Fishing. Its easy, inexpensive and FUN...
yonder likes this.

Mike
Hand Woven Furled Leaders
Site: http://www.cutthroatfurledleaders.com/
email. mike@cutthroatleader.com
Old 05-17-2013, 04:55 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like a great trip and nice variety of fish!
Old 05-24-2013, 12:30 PM

Went back to the same lake Thursday and had another great day with the Iwana. Love that rod! Caught another 25 crappie and 'gills. As soon as I have time and can figure how to post pics I will put some up.

Craig
williamhj likes this.
Old 05-28-2013, 01:43 PM

Went back to the lake on Monday with the Iwana. I tied up some Killer Bugs in size 12 and gave them a try. Please to say they worked great. Had another 20 or so 'gills and a few crappie. Boy I love that rod!

Craig