The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > The Tenkara Forum Threads

The Tenkara Forum Threads Discuss the tackle and techniques of Tenkara fly fishing here

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By craigthor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2013, 03:21 PM

hopescooter is on a distinguished road
Default New TenkaraUSA Rods(Sato & Rhodo)

So I see TenkaraUsa has 2 new rods in their lineup, triple-zoom, light rods. Anyone here planning to give them a try
I could definitely use rod like Rhodo(something really short for small streams here), but the price is downer for me at this point and I will resist the temptation.
Old 12-10-2013, 05:08 PM

craigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: New TenkaraUSA Rods(Sato & Rhodo)

Probably not but compared to the premium rods if they perform well they should should give them a run for the money.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:27 AM

standman is on a distinguished road

I received notification yesterday from TenkaraUSA and immediately ordered the Rhodo. I had questioned them about the 11' Iwana and they said an exciting new product was coming to replace it. Although the rod was more money than I wanted to spend, the ability to have 3 lengths in one rod was too much to resist. I plan to use it for the brushy streams where my 12' Iwana is just too long.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:54 AM

hopescooter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by standman View Post
I received notification yesterday from TenkaraUSA and immediately ordered the Rhodo. I had questioned them about the 11' Iwana and they said an exciting new product was coming to replace it. Although the rod was more money than I wanted to spend, the ability to have 3 lengths in one rod was too much to resist. I plan to use it for the brushy streams where my 12' Iwana is just too long.
Yep, Rhodo is going to be my next tenkara rod as well, for now just wait and see how others receive it. I love venturing out to small streams around SLC here but my 13ft AYU feels tad too long for them.
Old 04-05-2014, 10:16 PM

craigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to behold

So after getting and fishing a Rhodo I will admit had it been a blind test I could not have told you it was a TUSA rod but would have compared it to a high end premium Japanese rod from the likes of Shimano, Sakura, Nissin, Daiwa, Oni, etc.

Daniel hit new heights with this rod and I'm highly impressed.
williamhj and hopescooter like this.