The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > The Tenkara Forum Threads

The Tenkara Forum Threads Discuss the tackle and techniques of Tenkara fly fishing here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2014, 11:02 AM

monkeyboy is a jewel in the roughmonkeyboy is a jewel in the roughmonkeyboy is a jewel in the roughmonkeyboy is a jewel in the rough
Lightbulb tenkara swap?

any interest in a Tenkara swap.
I have never tied a Tenkara fly

buzz

the universe in a drop of water

Norta Mudzoory
Old 01-17-2014, 11:43 AM

monkeyboy is a jewel in the roughmonkeyboy is a jewel in the roughmonkeyboy is a jewel in the roughmonkeyboy is a jewel in the rough
Question Re: tenkara swap?

no interest in a Tenkara fly swap?

buzz

Norta Mudzoory
Old 01-17-2014, 01:23 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: tenkara swap?

Hi Buzz,

I moved this into the Tenkara threads because the Tenkara folks are their own little group. If you can get some interest for a swap please follow the basic format we use on all the others. Good luck,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 01-17-2014, 07:23 PM

Ard,
non interest so far.
I guess I'll just tie some.
all good

buzz

Norta Mudzoory
Old 01-17-2014, 11:22 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

I'd join you but have felt I have too many moving parts in life right now. When you talk about a Tenkara swap are you focusing on the reverse hackle (Sakasa Kebari) style flies? Personally I've used most of the same trout flies with my Tenkara rod that I do with my other fly rods.
Old 01-21-2014, 09:14 PM

yep, Sakasa Kebari style. I just wanted to have a reason to tie some, so I did.

buzz

Norta Mudzoory
Old 01-22-2014, 05:31 AM

pszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to behold

It's sort of interesting, a goodly number of folks I know who fish tenkara tend to only fish a pattern or two. They find they are successful without having a need to constantly change flies. I know my fly box is pretty boring to look at.

That being the case, they may not have a particular interest in amassing a broad collection of flies like many reeled anglers do. That might explain the lack of interest in a swap. Of course, that may have nothing to do with anything.

Just a thought.

Tenkara Fly Fishing

Tenkara Fly Fishing Forum

Tenkara Fly Fishing Blog

"People tend to get the politicians and the fishing tackle they deserve" - John Gierach, Fishing Bamboo