The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Travel Tips Section

Travel Tips Section Post your travel tips here

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2017, 01:41 PM

ames11b4 is on a distinguished road
Default Roaring Fork Guide Recommendation

I am going to be spending several days fly fishing the Roaring Fork area of Colorado this fall. Does anyone have a recommendation for a solid guide service out of Basalt, Carbondale, Aspen, etc.? Thanks
Old 03-14-2017, 01:50 PM

zjory is a name known to allzjory is a name known to allzjory is a name known to allzjory is a name known to allzjory is a name known to allzjory is a name known to all
Default Re: Roaring Fork Guide Recommendation

I'm sure many can chime in that have been guided on the Fork and the Pan. I never have, but have a cabin on the upper Frying Pan and consider it my home water. My favorite shop in the Valley is Frying Pan Anglers. They have pointed me to some great flies, techniques, and honey holes over the years.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 03-14-2017, 03:33 PM

cochise has a reputation beyond reputecochise has a reputation beyond reputecochise has a reputation beyond reputecochise has a reputation beyond reputecochise has a reputation beyond reputecochise has a reputation beyond reputecochise has a reputation beyond reputecochise has a reputation beyond reputecochise has a reputation beyond reputecochise has a reputation beyond reputecochise has a reputation beyond repute

All in for Taylor Creek Fly Shop. 970-927-4374. Holler if you need more specifics or you have other input.

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 PM ----------

Upper Pan? Meredith Thomasville? How long have you been up there? Nory?

Awesome country..North Fork, Lime, South Fork...Nirvana.
udiablo and slowdown like this.
Old 03-14-2017, 05:07 PM

slowdown is a splendid one to beholdslowdown is a splendid one to beholdslowdown is a splendid one to beholdslowdown is a splendid one to beholdslowdown is a splendid one to beholdslowdown is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cochise View Post
All in for Taylor Creek Fly Shop. 970-927-4374. Holler if you need more specifics or you have other input.

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 PM ----------

yep, I agree with this. The folks at Taylor Creek are spot on
Old 03-14-2017, 05:54 PM

winstonwt is a name known to allwinstonwt is a name known to allwinstonwt is a name known to allwinstonwt is a name known to allwinstonwt is a name known to allwinstonwt is a name known to all

Taylor creek fly shop.
Old 03-14-2017, 05:57 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjory View Post
I'm sure many can chime in that have been guided on the Fork and the Pan. I never have, but have a cabin on the upper Frying Pan and consider it my home water. My favorite shop in the Valley is Frying Pan Anglers. They have pointed me to some great flies, techniques, and honey holes over the years.
+1 for Frying Pan Anglers, a great fly shop!
zjory likes this.

Old 03-15-2017, 12:15 PM

clay tonian will become famous soon enough

+2 for Frying Pan Anglers....never seen fly selection like that, either. Very nice folks, too.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 03-15-2017, 01:42 PM

zjory is a name known to allzjory is a name known to allzjory is a name known to allzjory is a name known to allzjory is a name known to allzjory is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by cochise View Post

Meredith. The Double Diamond Ranch.
Knate likes this.
Old 03-15-2017, 01:56 PM

missin44 is a name known to allmissin44 is a name known to allmissin44 is a name known to allmissin44 is a name known to allmissin44 is a name known to allmissin44 is a name known to all

Gifford Maytham, works out of Taylor Creek Fly Shop in Basalt.
Old 03-15-2017, 01:56 PM

ames11b4 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the input guys, I will give these shops a call.