The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Upper Mid-U.S. (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/upper-mid-u-s/)
-   -   Any SD boys? (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/upper-mid-u-s/12847-any-sd-boys.html)

two_nymph_rig 03-02-2010 11:13 AM

Any SD boys?

I'm from Spearfish, anybody else from the great state of SD?

avesevo 08-04-2011 02:06 AM

Re: Any SD boys?

Yes sir. :cool:

two_nymph_rig 08-17-2011 08:56 PM

where from?

willard 05-28-2012 06:33 AM

Yep. right hear in the Black Hills.

mike63 05-29-2012 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SdDryFly (Post 84161)
I'm from Spearfish, anybody else from the great state of SD?

Hi, I'm from SD, grew up in RC but live in Colorado now. My parents live in Boulder Canyon. I love fishing the Black Hills, best kept secret in the West. I go home a few times a year and fish. I was just there last month and fished Spring Creek and Spearfish Canyon. I even caught a half dozen small trout in Whitewood Creek right in Deadwood. Where else can you catch fish and play cards in the No. 10 Saloon all in the same hour, with fish smell on your hands?

I even bought a set of gear tailored to the small creeks and streams of home...a Scott A4 8ft4wt and a Lamson Litespeed reel, my secret BH outfit. I still bring a 9ft5wt for Pactola Basin and Rapid Creek. If I lived there I would fish every weekend.

willard 06-01-2012 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike63 (Post 456892)
Hi, I'm from SD, grew up in RC but live in Colorado now. My parents live in Boulder Canyon. I love fishing the Black Hills, best kept secret in the West. I go home a few times a year and fish. I was just there last month and fished Spring Creek and Spearfish Canyon. I even caught a half dozen small trout in Whitewood Creek right in Deadwood. Where else can you catch fish and play cards in the No. 10 Saloon all in the same hour, with fish smell on your hands?

I even bought a set of gear tailored to the small creeks and streams of home...a Scott A4 8ft4wt and a Lamson Litespeed reel, my secret BH outfit. I still bring a 9ft5wt for Pactola Basin and Rapid Creek. If I lived there I would fish every weekend.

You got some great fishing there in Colorado as well.

two_nymph_rig 06-01-2012 06:02 PM

I would love to get down and fish Colorado sometime. I have lived in the Black Hills my entire life and didn't realize what I had in front of me. I got spoiled the last few summers by living and fishing in Western Wyoming. I came back home and couldn't catch fish to save my life. Talking to some people, I realized I was fishing too big of flies, which I was familiar with doing in Wyo. I soon changed up tactics and have been crushing the fish.

Willard, maybe we can meet up for a day of fishing sometime this summer.
where are you from?

willard 06-03-2012 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SdDryFly (Post 458113)
I would love to get down and fish Colorado sometime. I have lived in the Black Hills my entire life and didn't realize what I had in front of me. I got spoiled the last few summers by living and fishing in Western Wyoming. I came back home and couldn't catch fish to save my life. Talking to some people, I realized I was fishing too big of flies, which I was familiar with doing in Wyo. I soon changed up tactics and have been crushing the fish.

Willard, maybe we can meet up for a day of fishing sometime this summer.
where are you from?

Right here in Rapid city . I live in Black Hawk. I fish at least once a week in rapid creek after work I get off work at 1:30 in the after noon so i always have time to fish.