The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Upper Mid-U.S.

Upper Mid-U.S. Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota and Nebraska. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2006, 09:51 AM

TheFlyMaster will become famous soon enoughTheFlyMaster will become famous soon enough
Winter fly fishing anyone?

Just probing whether anyone on this site fly fishes SE Minnesota during the Winter season.

For those of you don't think we Minnesotans can still fly fish in January, WE DO! While most of the lakes have 3feet of ice, enuf to drive on, Minnesota has a Winter trout season for those die hard trout fisherman for many of the spring fed streams of SE Minnesota from January to March.

Somedays its not fun having to worry about your fly line freezzing to your guides or your fly freezing in mid flight, but hay it's fly fishing in Minnesota!
arrowheadflyangler.blogspot.com
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
Old 12-08-2006, 12:35 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Winter fly fishing anyone?

Can relate here in the Rocky Mountains. The only time I don't get out is when I have to break ice cubes off my guides on every other cast. Not good on the line or the rod tip.
Old 12-08-2006, 04:12 PM

TheFlyMaster will become famous soon enoughTheFlyMaster will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: Winter fly fishing anyone?

BTW
I went to your homepage and that is a very nice outfit you guide for and what beautiful scenery and the fish to boot! I envy you :)
arrowheadflyangler.blogspot.com
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
Old 12-11-2006, 09:49 AM

BruceN is on a distinguished road

All right, all right! Ya don't have to beat me up. I'll put down my pipe and drink, set my book aside, let the fire go out, crawl out of my comfy chair and go find my rod and waders. It's supposed to be in the 40's all week here... Bruce
Old 12-14-2006, 11:31 AM

EHC is on a distinguished road

There is some mighty unseasable weather in the Carolina's lately. Today, we are supposed to have a high in the 60s, a little cooler in the mountains. So...not so much winter fishing going on...more like early spring.
Should be good fishin' though!
Hope everyone is getting out.
Have a great day,Tim