The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Upper Mid-U.S.

Upper Mid-U.S. Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota and Nebraska. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2012, 10:48 PM

ted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to behold
Default Where would you go?

Well, I need a vacation. 70-80 hour work weeks are finally ending, and I am going to take a little time away from the business. I'd like to take a 4-5 day solo camping/fishing trip somewhere within a roughly 10-12 hour drive of southeast Minnesota.

If you had the ability to go where you wanted, where would you head?

Chances are, I'll do another solo BWCA trip but I'm open-minded. Carp fishing Lake Michigan, or perhaps a musky country trip?
Old 07-25-2012, 02:55 PM

ghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud of
Default Re: Where would you go?

Opportunities are endless...Might not be to your taste, but I am dying to go to the Driftless Region in Wisconsin.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:59 AM

ted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to behold

I live in the Driftless region on the Minnesota/Wisconsin border. It's definitely my taste, but since I live here already, something a bit different would be nice. However, I appreciate the idea being thrown out there.

And if you ever come up to the Driftless, let me know and I'll answer whatever questions you might have.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:14 AM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of

If you're interested in mountain trout, seems like Sheridan Wy would be at the western limit for your drive time. I'd look or ask for help there...If you make that drive and base there, you could day trip Cody, if the drive isn't too bad. I don't really know what it's like coming from your direction...just trying to gin up an idea for you...good luck. -Mike
Old 07-26-2012, 12:19 PM

mrp1 has a spectacular aura aboutmrp1 has a spectacular aura about

Carp fishing in Lake Michigan sounds pretty dang cool!

Mr. P.'s Blog
Old 07-26-2012, 07:46 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

If you wuz to go to Cody as mikel suggested, you could also hit the Black Hills area in S.D. Get on the 90 and put it on autopilot! milt.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:18 AM

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

I'll do some quick research on Cody/Sheridan/Black Hills and see what I come up with. That is more appealing to me than just about anything right now.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:24 PM

coldwater55 is on a distinguished road

Wow i'd love to live close to the driftless,i'd probobly never work again!!!!